Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Playing with fire: an article about Tibetan Chakra practice

edited March 2011 in Philosophy
Playing with fire: an article about Tibetan Chakra practice

http://www.dharmalife.com/issue26/playing.html

Comments

• WhoknowsWhoknows Australia Veteran
    Thanks @SherabDorje !
  • Any advice for someone who should experience energies and is concerned regarding what they mean. Even if you have a teacher one could get anxious that they don't have enough close connection with them. I guess its like life you just have to go with it and work with your situation. Or no?
  • I would think that someone who has "experienced energies and is concerned regarding what they mean" may want to consult with a very experienced teacher, or maybe even a mental health professional in conjunction with a teacher or even separately.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Good advice, thanks again SD.

I'd also like to share that I practice a new ageish sounding now that I read the article form of chakra practice based on a book I got at a store. I enjoy the practice and that helped my depression. Always giving activities can help depression such as aromas and changes of mindset to break up the depression. If that was indeed happening it was a very dharmic thing because depression can be a very strong emotional and wrong view that can get tiresome to sit with and its nice to have a lifting from that.

I guess the danger of that is to have to much 'gaining mind' as they say in Zen. Or in the Tibetan logong teachings, logong meaning mind training, it would contradict the slogan 'abandon hope of fruition'.

In essence to have too much attachment and a heavy hand with the new age practice can make one rigid.