Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Tired after Chakra Meditation and Zen/Vipassana Meditation?

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited March 2011 in Meditation
Tired after Chakra Meditation and Zen/Vipassana Meditation?
Falling asleep after I am done meditating.
This has been going on for a few months now.

Comments

• Just curious what are the meditations like? I wonder if the sleep is a form of body wisdom to process the experience? That strikes me as some potent meditations in terms of affecting you.

Note: I am not a meditation teacher
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Amazing and deep...hard to put into words.
    Bumpin'
  • zenffzenff Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Well, maybe you meditate late in the evening?
    Maybe you are really tired?

The meditation should be relaxing for your mind.
    It could make you more aware of the fatigue that was there already, but I don’t think the meditation should be mentally exhausting you.

So no, I don’t think the mediation is the cause.

Maybe you should explain the technique you are using.
    Doing three techniques at the same time could make a person tired, lol.
    Well, maybe you meditate late in the evening?
    Maybe you are really tired?

The meditation should be relaxing for your mind.
    It could make you more aware of the fatigue that was there already, but I don’t think the meditation should be mentally exhausting you.

So no, I don’t think the mediation is the cause.

Maybe you should explain the technique you are using.
    Doing three techniques at the same time could make a person tired, lol.

I do it early morning or evening.
    I am not tired usually get 7 hours of sleep a night.
    I usually practice one particular meditation daily.
    I am usually doing Vipassana meditation.
    Thank you!
  • zenffzenff Veteran
    edited March 2011
    In that case (and if you’re not meditating lying down in bed, which I suppose you don’t) I don’t understand.
    In that case (and if you’re not meditating lying down in bed, which I suppose you don’t) I don’t understand.
    I don't either:)
    It has been going on for a few months now.
    I have been meditating for more then a year.
  • i am going through the exact same thing. the meditation itself is deep and rewarding, but straight thereafter i will fall asleep- peacefully
  • Just curious what are the meditations like? I wonder if the sleep is a form of body wisdom to process the experience? That strikes me as some potent meditations in terms of affecting you.

Note: I am not a meditation teacher
    me too, i came across chakra as a form of yoga technique (in pranayama yoga) but im curious to know how this works within meditation?
    i am going through the exact same thing. the meditation itself is deep and rewarding, but straight thereafter i will fall asleep- peacefully
    Glad I am not the only one.
  • I think awareness of about anything is an opportunity to practice meditation. The chakras are different energies or spheres how the organism or consciousness or what not.

Anyhow do it with a light touch. Don't overload any one chakra. Don't work on the crown chakra.

If one chakra is having a problem sometimes the complementary chakra can help balance the problem out. Use intuition and caution.

Complementary chakras:

6th Ajna Vision <--> 2nd creativity
    5th Communication <----> 3rd Manipura Emotions
    4th Heart Empathy and Self Kindness (light touch balances?)
    1st Safety <---> Work on all of the chakras to work together.
    I think awareness of about anything is an opportunity to practice meditation. The chakras are different energies or spheres how the organism or consciousness or what not.

Anyhow do it with a light touch. Don't overload any one chakra. Don't work on the crown chakra.

If one chakra is having a problem sometimes the complementary chakra can help balance the problem out. Use intuition and caution.

Complementary chakras:

6th Ajna Vision <--> 2nd creativity
    5th Communication <----> 3rd Manipura Emotions
    4th Heart Empathy and Self Kindness (light touch balances?)
    1st Safety <---> Work on all of the chakras to work together.
    I am doing meditation on all 7 Chakras.
    Should I be focusing on one specific one?
  • I don't know how to do meditation on one other than to think about it and then meditate letting go. My meditation is about everything in my day coming and going as it please. If I direct activities and 'engage' a chakra then naturaly that will come out in my meditation.

I am not particularly studied in chakra practice. But in my experience I tried to do activities with chakras that coincide with cycles of healing and joy. Good wishes for yourself and all beings may help protect your practice from negative influences.

Wishing you the best!
    I don't know how to do meditation on one other than to think about it and then meditate letting go. My meditation is about everything in my day coming and going as it please. If I direct activities and 'engage' a chakra then naturaly that will come out in my meditation.

I am not particularly studied in chakra practice. But in my experience I tried to do activities with chakras that coincide with cycles of healing and joy. Good wishes for yourself and all beings may help protect your practice from negative influences.

Wishing you the best!
    Thank you so much Jeffrey!
    How long do you meditate and do you usually sit in cross legged position?
  • Children fall asleep when their environment is hectic. When you're trying to avoid something...say something deep rooted.

meditation brings up everything from our unconscious. all those repressed memories. i'm not saying this is the cause for your sleepiness but it can be.

What are you avoiding?

usually you feel more awake after meditation (just my opinion).
  • "Thank you so much Jeffrey!
    How long do you meditate and do you usually sit in cross legged position?"

It varies.. I haven't totally gotten the point of sitting because ?? But I am recently doing some walking meditation when I wake up. The thing I recognize is the intention I make. This is good and it doesn't in a reproductive sense appear again day to day. But the awareness always comes back and you can find ways to practice. How benefitial is a given practice? Well that varies but if it doesn't work then we work with that situation, so it kind of works anyhow.
    "Thank you so much Jeffrey!
    How long do you meditate and do you usually sit in cross legged position?"

It varies.. I haven't totally gotten the point of sitting because ?? But I am recently doing some walking meditation when I wake up. The thing I recognize is the intention I make. This is good and it doesn't in a reproductive sense appear again day to day. But the awareness always comes back and you can find ways to practice. How benefitial is a given practice? Well that varies but if it doesn't work then we work with that situation, so it kind of works anyhow.
    That makes sense. Thank you!
    Children fall asleep when their environment is hectic. When you're trying to avoid something...say something deep rooted.

meditation brings up everything from our unconscious. all those repressed memories. i'm not saying this is the cause for your sleepiness but it can be.

What are you avoiding?

usually you feel more awake after meditation (just my opinion).
    I think I am avoiding pain in my back and emotional pain of some sort.
  • all are worth investigating through mindfulness. be the sky. let the clouds come and go. let the thunderstorms come and go. meditation can bring up old seeds.

things will get better. they already are.
    all are worth investigating through mindfulness. be the sky. let the clouds come and go. let the thunderstorms come and go. meditation can bring up old seeds.

things will get better. they already are.
    Thank You!