Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I have written "Poetry" for a long time now, I find it SO meditative and discovering to let it flow:

edited March 2011 in Meditation
I watched the movie "Howl", wow what a film, that(and Alan) really helped me express many things. What I wanted to talk about mainly though, was the trip a Poem can have, preferably epic and raw and cooked or depending on my mood William Blake, the one.. "Gather ye rose buds while ye may". I once had a philosophy teacher in high school tell the class, "You can learn to love more deeply then you have you know with poetry", It didn't sink in until I started to write it myself. The main point and question I guess is; Can you personally derive these strong strong emotions from writing poetry? Is it like meditation in the condition of writing intuitively from your stream of consciousness?

Take care every buddy