Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

weird experience last night

CloudCloud Veteran
edited March 2011 in Meditation
Last night I was just resting my mind and watching my breath, not so much intentional meditation. All the sudden everything started vibrating, moments of awareness something like 30x a second, and then everything stopped. I mean it was like my mind crashed. Everything just stopped and stayed stopped, and then I don't know how long later (time stopped too, there was nothing there) it felt like there was this "stretching" that steadily grew and then I popped back into consciousness. Ze mind see, she is funny! :)

Comments

• Maybe is was gas?

...jk
  • The more we let all just be the faster time will seem to be and eventualy will stop. There will be just now.all will be clear. You will be the I am that simply just is
  • edited March 2011
    My guess: you had a brainstorm! Paint it, write it, compose it, build it, or otherwise go for it!

Shocked.............time.....................Yes
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    I didn't have an anything, there was nothing. It seemed like someone flipped a switch and turned off my brain. ;)

• Oh - that'll be "braingone". I experience that quite a lot!

:D
  • edited March 2011
    Hey Cloud. I _hate_ to go this way, more fun making light of it, but keep an eye on that. Recently this happened: my friend fell off his mountain bike and bumped/hit his head (WITH helmet), weeks later he had headaches, they got extreme, wound up being a brain aneurysm. Emergency surgery. He's OK, luckily. He totally forgot he had fallen of his bike because of a few weeks time passage. My point: sorry if it's alarmist. Take care of yourself. Think back.
  • I'll second that, Roger. Cloud, keep an eye on it, so to speak. Be well.
  • edited March 2011
    Everything just stopped and stayed stopped, and then I don't know how long later (time stopped too, there was nothing there) it felt like there was this "stretching" that steadily grew
    It's what happens to the economy once in a while. If desired, one can apply retrospective insight. How was it before, during and after the experience. :wow:
  • I have experienced also a extreme slowing of time, but have no idea what it means.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited March 2011
    I hope it's not an aneurysm, but I wouldn't think so. The noticing of consciousness being broken up into moments quickly passing seemed like some sort of a meditative insight, though I already figured through reasoning that they were passing quicker than I could normally see (just like sight). I suppose we have to see directly along the way. No idea what the stopping was about though. The only thing there was, was the awareness of there being nothing. No activity, no thought, no sense objects, just awareness of nothing (well until that stretching feeling started). It must've lasted a couple of minutes or something but I guess I'll never know!

Everything's normal now, no vibrating or brain-stops or anything.
    Thanks everyone for your concern! If I just disappear, it probably was an aneurysm with more to come and I'll be dropping off, no worries though I'm okay with it. :)
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    Last night I was just resting my mind and watching my breath, not so much intentional meditation. All the sudden everything started vibrating, moments of awareness something like 30x a second, and then everything stopped. I mean it was like my mind crashed. Everything just stopped and stayed stopped, and then I don't know how long later (time stopped too, there was nothing there) it felt like there was this "stretching" that steadily grew and then I popped back into consciousness. Ze mind see, she is funny! :)
    Could it be ego death you are reffering to? When the Ego stops the world stops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death

• Cloud - Did it feel like a conscious black out?

I call it a brain twist happened to me when i went through extreme stress - you maybe exhausted and your body is warning you to slow down.
  • Hey Cloud. I _hate_ to go this way, more fun making light of it, but keep an eye on that. Recently this happened: my friend fell off his mountain bike and bumped/hit his head (WITH helmet), weeks later he had headaches, they got extreme, wound up being a brain aneurysm. Emergency surgery. He's OK, luckily. He totally forgot he had fallen of his bike because of a few weeks time passage. My point: sorry if it's alarmist. Take care of yourself. Think back.
    Just a guess here but I'm sure Cloud would have preferred the fun comment more.

Metta to all sentient beings

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited March 2011
    @lightlotus, No it wasn't a blackout. Literally the last brain-sight in my mind (my eyes were closed) just froze, and any kind of thought or feeling or sound or anything was gone. There was only the awareness of the image (which wasn't a real image, just a blackish-red nothing of having my eyes closed). It was like if you were walking around and all the sudden you and everything else stopped, time stopped, but you were aware of it's stopped state (or rather there's an awareness, there's no "you" there). Like I said, weird!
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    @Victorious, That doesn't seem to be it from the descriptions either, though I already know ego is just thoughts, not an actual thing at all.
  • edited March 2011
    I If I just disappear, it probably was an aneurysm with more to come and I'll be dropping off, no worries though I'm okay with it. :)
    LOL. Nah! You take care. Stick around! I'm laffing because I tell my family they will know I won the mega lottery if I disappear and they never see me again.

• CloudCloud Veteran
    haha
  • Like roger said keep an eye on it - if it happens a again speak to a doctor about it don't over look it.

• CloudCloud Veteran
    I wouldn't rush to it being a medical thing, I've had more bizarre meditation experiences before. If it starts to feel like a medical thing, or cause me problems, then I'll be speaking to a doctor. Otherwise it just seems like a meditative experience that I'll probably never understand. One more for the road. :)
  • zidanguszidangus Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Since it happened when you were meditating, again just a guess here, but I think it is highly likely a meditation experience and not a medical problem. Though I'm sure if you googled your experience you would come up with 1000 illnesses you could have. MY point is I wouldn't worry about it.

Metta to all sentient beings
  • edited March 2011
    that kind of sounds cool tho' :D (I have the urge to say spaced out...dude!)

(Im a whimp when it comes to stuff like this though)
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    It wasn't any serious meditation. More I just was laying there with my head empty and started watching my breath and then it all happened shortly after.
  • Second Jhana?
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Nope wasn't jhana, just a weird experience. Think I'll just close this out and not worry about it (unless something goes wrong). Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.