Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where did Brian go?

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited January 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
I fell off the face of the earth for the last two weeks. You should try it sometime! :whatever:

Well, life has been insanely hectic. My sister and her three kids moved into my house, so now there are eight people living here, and my house isn't that big, so it's .... well, you get the idea.

Let's just say there's never a dull moment.

Okay, so three adults and five kids living in one house, and all of the sudden, a bad stomach flu sweeps through the house like a plague, knocking us down one by one in a matter of minutes. You could almost literally see it scythe through us - first the kids, each of them vomiting and then a few hours later the adults get it. The next morning, the kids are happy as can be, as they have all recovered in one day's time... The adults, not so much....

The entire day of the 24th, Tracey and I were so sick we could barely get out of bed. I missed the family christmas at my Aunt's house for the first time in my life, but luckily my parents took my kids for the whole day so we got to sleep the entire day. The 25th was slightly better, as we were not having diahrrea and puking anymore.... Ah... the human body is such a precious jewel :rolleyes:

Now, on top of all this, I have had a very bad cold both before AND after the stomach flu, so I am still coughing so hard that I basically spit up some lung juice every half an hour or so.

On that pleasant note, I am happy to see that things are smooth and "business as usual" around here.. Hopefully, when all the sickness and holiday chaos calms down, I'll have time to sit down and get back into the site. I miss you guys :)

--B

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Hya Brian!! Nice to see you back! we missed you!

get well soon, to you and everyone in your family...!!
    has your sister moved in with you, or is this a temporary visit?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Brian wrote:
    ... The 25th was slightly better, as we were not having diahrrea and puking anymore.... Ah... the human body is such a precious jewel :rolleyes:...

Sounds like you had some wonderful gift exchanges this Christmas!

-bf
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited December 2005
    She is living with us now... It's a long story ;)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    OK... Well, good luck to one and all.... and I hope everything pans out well for you all, and for her and the children.... :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited December 2005
    :eek: And to think I was considering stopping by next week.... maybe I'll wait for the thaw! ;)
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christas! A kiss from me for a belated present! :)
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Brian,

Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

:(

Jason
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Brian who?