Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A New Buddhist Website I'm Making. :)

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited March 2011 in Arts & Writings
http://circlepad.com/truebluebuddha

Still being created, I only have the Buddhism for Beginners section done. Feedback? Also, will you tell me if music plays on the homepage. I'm having a bit of trouble with that.

[okayed by Lincoln]

Comments

• hello
    i think u should add music on the homepage.and i think u should add the music whom
    by listening u feel relaxation.like the sound of big singing bowls who relax our brain.and u can also add binaural beats .
  • I would strongly advise you not to use flash like that. Learn proper web design through html, css and possibly java script and php if you need anything advanced. If you don't want to learn, then use a platform like Joomla. Using flash like that is just bad practice and makes me cringe.

Nothing wrong with the actual content though.
  • DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited March 2011
    it is so beautiful,i am reduced to tears :bawl:
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Nice quotes on your front page, @MindGate. I think one of our former members came up with those. He'd be glad you used them to help people, I'm sure!
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    I would strongly advise you not to use flash like that. Learn proper web design through html, css and possibly java script and php if you need anything advanced. If you don't want to learn, then use a platform like Joomla. Using flash like that is just bad practice and makes me cringe.

The flash for music? Or... what other flash do you speak of?
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    i think u should add music on the homepage.
    Well trolled.
  • the design is verry nice. but i wold recomend you try to create some light contrast with the text since it's not easy to reed wit such a dark background
  • I would strongly advise you not to use flash like that. Learn proper web design through html, css and possibly java script and php if you need anything advanced. If you don't want to learn, then use a platform like Joomla. Using flash like that is just bad practice and makes me cringe.

The flash for music? Or... what other flash do you speak of?
    Hmm, actually I should've looked at the page source before saying anything, sorry.

I use firefox with flashblock and that blocks the web page entirely, so I was under the impression that the whole site was made in flash. It seems like it's made to support both flash and standard html, so it tries to load flash and if that fails, it shows the rest of the data. Flashblock replaces flash objects with it's own window, so the page thinks it loaded and prevents the real non-flash content from being shown. Even when I use internet explorer without flash, it fails and just shows the background.

It's not your fault, it's just this circlepad thing you're using... it's awful.