Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Enter the unmanifest?

Hi all I am on a spiritual quest to enter the unmanifest. I have my own beliefs and thoughts on this. What I am wanting to see is if there is way to enter the unmanifest while still at least being in a non-meditative state. Eg while being in maybe a light meditative state but still focused and then just making a leap of faith in the unmanifest. In theory at least it might take maybe few months to tops a few years to do.

Any help would be great thanks.
Thanks.

Comments

• You are already the unmanifested.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited March 2011
    How can you enter the unmanifest? If 'you' entered something would be manifest! The unmanifest is already here as there is nothing solid to anchor. Time is a construct.
  • SabreSabre Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Hi AstralProjectee,

It sounds kind of nice that you are already unmanifested and everything, but I guess you know that it doesn't really work that way.

The Buddhist way into the unmanifested/nirvana/god/whatever is the 8-fold path, which basically means, be wise, loving and have a well trained mind. This means you keep questioning until you have found the answers, be nice and loving to all people and animals and keep practicing your meditation.

If you do this for a long time, one day you can let go of everything and the unmanifest will come to you. In fact, every moment you follow the path it comes closer and closer.

You might want to read this: http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/eightfoldpath.html

Good luck on your quest!

Sabre
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Some details are being checked.
    Closing this thread for the time being.
This discussion has been closed.