Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Binaural Beats - "Virtual Drugs"

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited March 2011 in General Banter

The theory behind binaural beats is that if you apply slightly different frequency sine waves to each ear, a beating affect is created in the brain itself, due to the brain's internal wiring. If, in the presence of these tones, you relax and let your mind go, your mind will naturally synchronize with the beat frequency. In this way it is possible to tune the frequency of your brain waves to particular frequencies that you have selected, using of the four bands: Delta: deep sleep, Theta: dreaming and intuitive stuff, Alpha: awake, focussed inside, and Beta: awake, focussed outside. It is also possible to produce mixtures of brain waves of different frequencies by mixing binaural tones, and in this way, with practice and experimentation, it is reportedly possible to achieve rather unusual states, such as out-of-body stuff, and more.

Comments?

How to use binaural beats:

- Wear headphones. You need these so that the sounds can pulse from ear to ear. Also, the cheaper they are, the cheaper the quality of the sound, and thus, worse the effect.

- Relax. :)

- Close your eyes, if you want.

- Clear your mind and focus on the sounds.

Note: Just like hypnosis, these don't work on everyone. They may or may not work on you. Though, I would love to hear your experiences.

Comments

• You've explained it pretty well. I don't think the first video is even stereo, though. It doesn't sound like there are any binaural beats there at least.

Most of the effects people experience are actually placebo, but they do alter the brain wave activity, so the theory is right.

Personally, I think if you can get an OBE through binaural beats, you'd be able to do it just through meditation as well. If you are not at a stage where you experience unusual states, binarual beats probably won't help.

Either way, there's a free program called Gnaural which lets you make your own binaural beats and it follows all the specifications properly. You can overlay your own tracks to act as pink noise as well.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    The last one, I made. The "Surreal Nirvana" one.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Nice to see you have a project/hobby to keep you busy, MG. :) Thanks for a good thread.
  • Ah, awesome.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    Bump