Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Any good video games stories or reviews?

JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
edited December 2011 in General Banter
I play role playing video games, crpgs, and I found a nice one to play with my brother online called Two Worlds 2. You can use either mac or pac and you can even play with people of the opposite platform. With them.

I've heard some people mention Skyrim? How is that game? I was thinking of picking it up either for christmas or wait till the price drops on steam?

Any other gamers?

Comments

• Yes! Video games, my favorite topic.

Skyrim is really good. The graphics are amazing, the scenery will blow you away. I've been hooked on it since it came out. I don't think it will drop in price any time soon, but even at regular price it is a very good value. There are a ton of content in this game. It's one of those sandbox type games. Some people don't like games like that because they don't adhere to the main story that well, but to me that's a good thing. The best part of the game is exploring the many different locations, towns, and dungeons. And I really enjoyed trying out different characters.

I just recently bought Bastion from Steam. It was on sale yesterday for $5. Good indie game, action RPG. Very exciting, and good voice acting.

FYI, kotaku.com and joystiq.com are good places to get info on games.

Minecraft is fun for multiplayer. You and your brother can join in on the same server.

Two Worlds 2 huh? I'll have to look that one up.

• Skyrim is really fun and is a major improvement on Oblivion. As for other games I suggest the Mass Effect series. I've only played them on Xbox but both games in the series (thrid one coming out in March) are my favorite games. The story and plot are both great and the game can be easy or hard. Too lazy to do a full review but basicly you save the universe with alien friends while fighting on and exploring (in the first game only, sadly) different planets. Graphics are great as well.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    For game reviews and the like, I suggest checking out the gaming section of icrontic.com, a mainly gaming/tech-related site owned and operated by @Brian and @Lincoln.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    :D Well well well... This is a topic near and dear to our hearts, as Jason mentioned :D

The Skyrim community on Icrontic is thriving right now. There are tons of Skyrim discussions going on and we even give out forum badges for participation.

I just reviewed a neat game last night called Skydrift. Not bad for $10.

• skyrim is awesome - on a smaller scale zombie island is also worth a shot - FPS MW3 is the same as MW2 but the spec ops are a nice addition - battlefield 3 is real war and batman arkham city is an absolute must buy... next for me is Assassins Creed Revelations
  • I am out of the loop, and I know this is console based (my question), but does anybody know when gta5 is coming out or has it already been released?
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    I only play NBA2K12:) Oh, wait I also play FIFA2011 and Pin Ping, Tennis. As you can see only sports games!:)
  • I liked NBA, I am not much of a football fan so never was too intersted in fifa or pro. I loved gran turismo. I also loved worms, even now I would play that game, but gta is so unique as it is vast in size, graphics, detail and just the sheer amount of things you can do on it.
  • So many good games out right now. I recently bought Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Batman Arkham City. I'm a big fan of graphic novels, and also fighting games, so these were natural purchases for me :) .

I do also like RPGs and open ended games though. I was considering buying mortal kombat (the new one), but after this thread I might just go for Skyrim instead.
  • Was the new tekken any good?
    Thanks everyone! Gotta pick up a few games.
    edited December 2011
    Was the new tekken any good?
    Played at my friends house and it was pretty cool.
  • I owned 2 PS3s in totaly, now I do not even own a TV so... I was waiting for tekken, the newest gran turismo and gta5, but the PS3 is actually more expensive here in thailand than at home, I am better off buying it on ebay or something.
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    I am still hooked on Black Ops zombies :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:
  • I loved the N64 to bits! That console was so far ahead of it's time. Mario 64 was class, zelda, 007 golden eye, ahh the memories :rolleyes:
  • Skyrim is the first western game to get a perfect score on a particular japanese review magazine. Others who received this are zelda, ocarina, FF7, and more
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    A couple of weeks ago it was a toss up between Battlefield 3 and Skyrim. I chose Battlefield 3. I think I am gonna be picking up Skyrim :D
  • Mr_SerenityMr_Serenity Veteran
    edited December 2011
    If you mean the newest Tekken "hybrid", it didn't get good reviews. Tekken 6 however was the one before that one, and that one was as good as any Tekken game, pretty good. It's also cheap now too. I don't have it now that I think about it. But for a fighting game fan the new Mortal Kombat is probably the best fighting game out right now, from what I've heard.

It got better reviews than Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. I enjoy feeling like I have an arcade in my home with these premium fighting games. I will probably invest in one of those arcade sticks. Good fighting games help me take off some of my natural aggression.

They're easy to pick up and just do some major damage, just what I need. I think too much and work too hard the rest of the day to have a video game frustrate me with puzzles lol.
  • battlefield 3 rocks
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    totally plan on buying Skyrim come christmas money... :)

at the moment, playing a lot of Zelda and the Skyward Sword. i'm a huge zelda freak (even more than zombies, i think) and reserved the game that came with a golden wii remote with the triforce symbol on it.

also just bought my girlfriend the custom Zelda Nintendo 3DS and the 3D version of Zelda's Ocarina of Time. dude, i had no idea how cool the 3D on the 3DS is... technology these days just blows my mind! these AR(augmented reality) cards are like something i dreamed about as a kid.
  • I am still hooked on Black Ops zombies :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:
    youre not alone!! nothing compared to a full clip HK21 PAPed into a well farmed train... better still the gallil...
  • i'm playing Xenoblade (wii) right now,

it's amazing,

I love RPG's,
  • I was speaking about the first tekken to come out on the PS3, it was delayed ages (like a lot of games), but I never got the chance to check it out. I love tekken though, simple but amazing. I am class with eddy, seriously would clean you out with that guy.
    I am still hooked on Black Ops zombies :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:
    youre not alone!! nothing compared to a full clip HK21 PAPed into a well farmed train... better still the gallil...
    Hell Ya!!

Ooooh. If anyone is buying themselves video games online, I'd absolutely appreciate it if you bought them through clicking an Amazon link on NewBuddhist. It doesn't cost you anything extra and we get a small commission to help support the site :D
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited December 2011
    this looks cool. it is an old game with an overhaul mod added to it to update the graphics. morrowind came before oblivion and in many ways (which you might discover) it was quite superior to oblivion. Anyhow its another option.. The morrowind game of the year edition which includes two quite long expansions is 20 dollars. The mod is free, gotta love modders!
    Oblivion GOTY edition is $5 today on Steam.

• still_learningstill_learning Veteran
    edited December 2011
    It gets repetitive, but I still like it. I like the team work of it and maximizing points.
  • I've been playing BF3 for the past couple of days and I have to say that it is the best multiplayer I have ever played, I'm not that good (yet) but I am having so much fun in it even if I win or lose.
  • amalaur (23 minute video) looks awesome. Its coming out in February 2012
  • Mr_SerenityMr_Serenity Veteran
    edited December 2011
    So I bought Skyrim about 2 days ago. It might be the best console RPG I've ever played. It's worth buying brand new for sure. It's the type of game that any gamer who plays it would enjoy it. I would give it the highest possible score.

I spent 2 hours alone just creating my character because it's so thorough on even that aspect. I'm playing a mage type character, love the fire and thunder bending :lol: . Great way to rid of stress.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    Uncharted 3, Drakes Deception, 5 stars from ShanYin.
    Starcraft 2 however, is the pinnacle. Just know what your getting yourself into, I've been playing it for 10 years and I'm hoping I played my last game
    (1&2)