Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Anonymous hacks large intelligence company; Uses credit card information to donate to charities.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    it's right, but in a wrong way.
    Robin hoodwink, springs to mind.
  • It's stealing
  • B5CB5C Veteran
    I think it's more like Robin Hood.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    it's right, but in a wrong way.
    Robin hoodwink, springs to mind.
    Exactly!
  • Yes, but the thing is - in our day in age, the charities are going to have to pay the stolen fees back - with extra charges.
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    Thoughts ?

How 'real' are those claims ?
  • I think it's more like Robin Hood.
    hhygh

I wonder if you would feel the same if someone stole from you with intentions to help someone else
  • Its still stealing... and not like the charities are going to be able to keep the money.
  • B5CB5C Veteran

I wonder if you would feel the same if someone stole from you with intentions to help someone else
    Well I am not a rich person nor have personal wealth which I stolen with greed just like Bank of America and it's CEO and the like.
  • Not Anon?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2398049,00.asp

/Victor
    Must be a rouge group. There is no "official" Anon.

• I wonder if you would feel the same if someone stole from you with intentions to help someone else
    Well I am not a rich person nor have personal wealth which I stolen with greed just like Bank of America and it's CEO and the like.
    i missed the part about this company having personal greed that they had stolen... Where is it?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    It's theft, plain and simple. The hacker stole something which didn't belong to him. His reasons may have been sound, in his mind, but that excuses, forgives or justifies nothing.
    the case of Hincks, (1966) excludes any possibility of ignorance of the facts, assumptions of facts and possible extenuating circumstances.
  • It appears that donations were made from credit card data of customers... Folks that were just paying for a periodical.
  • B5CB5C Veteran

i missed the part about this company having personal greed that they had stolen... Where is it?
    Did you miss our entire recession and mortgage crisis? Also the Occupy Movement?
    http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/08/nevada-lawsuit-shows-bank-of-americas-criminal-incompetent.html
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/01/us-goldman-robosigning-idUSTRE78010B20110901?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews&rpc=76

Banks have stolen more money from the American people by fraudulent the American public.

"Give a man a gun he can a rob a bank, give a man a bank he can rob the world." ~ Unknown

• "Did you miss our entire recession and mortgage crisis? Also the Occupy Movement?"

No, I experienced the recession and am familiar with OWS

Unless you know something about the company STRATFOR that I don't know, that groups them in the irresponsible greedy Corp group, then I think you may have missed the point of my question.

The attitude that illegal attacks on corporations should be encouraged and celebrated, just on the basis that it is a corporation, worries me even more than the lack of regulation for the corporations that do not play by the rules. It's like approving attacks on a certain group of humans because some of those humans committed a crime?

• SileSile Veteran
    edited December 2011
    If it could be proven the "greedy corporation's" money had been stolen from someone else, I could see this working out on a technicality.

However, in most cases, "greedy corporations" take the money we give them.

I'm not saying they don't underpay their workers, or engage in immoral tactics, etc.

I think it would have been more ethical to take from the corporations who hired the intelligence company, if one was looking to make a point.

But...okay, I can't deny it's satisfying to see a company which obviously misrepresents its skills, get called on it.