Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What is everyone's favorite movie?

DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
edited April 2012 in General Banter
I just finished watching this one and while it does run a little too long, it certainly became my favorite.

And a sequel was made in 2003? Time to go movie hunting!

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Babette's feast.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited April 2012
    has anyone seen the one about Margaret Thatcher,"Iron Lady"? The previews looked good, but I've read a review that said it was pretty boring, mostly about her retirement and Alzheimer's, rather than about her gov't career.

Genghis Blues.
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    I like "The Cup," "Open Range," "Sling Blade," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Second-Hand Lions" among others.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    I like "The Cup," .
    That reminds me: "Travellers and Magicians".

• SabreSabre Veteran
    An amazing movie about death and a man's inability to embrace it, spanning a samsara of 2000 years. Very Buddhist-like thought and images in it.

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    An amazing movie about death and a man's inability to embrace it, spanning a samsara of 2000 years. Very Buddhist-like thought and images in it.

Loved this one too! Although most people I know who've seen it think it's too... psychedelic? Or just don't get the themes at all.

• Anyone seen Seven Years in Tibet? I is on tonight and I may watch it...but hate watch crap movies...anyone suggest if its worth watching?
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Gotta say, I love Kung Pow! So many great memories with this movie, it is a personal classic of mine.

Best bits.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Anyone seen Seven Years in Tibet? I is on tonight and I may watch it...but hate watch crap movies...anyone suggest if its worth watching?
    Yes, it's worth watching. There are some beautiful scenes in it. I love the one where they first see the Potala Palace, and the flags and exterior drapery is gently flapping in the wind.
    I didn't like "Kundun" as well.

• @federica, I love Babette's Feast.

My other fave movies are Fight Club, Pan's Layrinth and all the James Bond flicks (Daniel Craig is my new favorite Bond)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2012
    OK, not fair.
    Technically speaking, almost everyone's off-topic, because the OP clearly asked what is everyone's favourite 'FILM'.

singular.
    not plural.
    you've nearly all mentioned more than one...
    I didn't know we could post a list - the OP never said that!!

NOT FAIR!! :rant: :bawl: :D
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    The Seven Samurai
  • IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited April 2012
    The Big Lebowski

"That rug really tied the room together."

• @Daftchris I love Battle Royale! I have it on my iPod. My other favorite movie is The Last Samurai.
  • ginabginab Veteran
    I like Water.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited April 2012
    The Big Lebowski

"That rug really tied the room together."

The scene where the police chief bounces a coffee cup off his head, is the precious nectar of humor.

....as it the scattering of his friends ashes.... an onshore wind..
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited April 2012
    "the Host".. a Korean monster movie.. a quirky little fav.

"Saw"

just kidding...... :D
  • OK, not fair.

Okay honey sometimes life is not fair, and some people just do not follow the rules even when they are clearly posted, and it will be okay. So now can I offer you a chocolate chip cookie and a tissue?

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    Do the chocolate chip cookies have nuts? I'll take one. ....or two. :D
  • no nuts, the best way are with oatmeal so you can pretend something is healthy about them.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    oooh, yeah, with oatmeal. :) And nuts. :D
  • Oh I never (almost never) do nuts, chocolate in everything but rarely any nuts
  • I find it way too hard to say "this is my favourite movie" because I have lots of movies I REALLY like. It was the same in the UK with friends, if I was asked who my best friend was, I always said I did not have one but had a few really close friends.

Movies though, I will post 5 which I really like off of the top of my head.

Scarface
    Donni Darko
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter
    The Warrior King
    Super Bad
  • I really like "high fidelity" a rather uncomplicated, easy to watch wee movie that I never tire of.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    OK, not fair.
    Technically speaking, almost everyone's off-topic, because the OP clearly asked what is everyone's favourite 'FILM'.

singular.
    not plural.
    you've nearly all mentioned more than one...
    I didn't know we could post a list - the OP never said that!!

Fine! In the Mood for Love.
  • Telly03Telly03 Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Kingdom of Heaven

and Patriot (to pull Feds string)