Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Youngest person to join MENSA 2 years old

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited April 2012 in General Banter

What do you make about the claims, comments used and the decision of this? Everytime I heard the kid speaking in the background, he was babbling away like a normal toddler.

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

What do you make about the claims, comments used and the decision of this? Everytime I heard the kid speaking in the background, he was babbling away like a normal toddler.
    Wows!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    The bloody thing keeps buffering, so I couldn't tell you... :(
  • I am sorry...but this is my personally opinion... inducting a 2 year old into MENSA is slightly...ludicrous. just IMO
    I am sorry...but this is my personally opinion... inducting a 2 year old into MENSA is slightly...ludicrous. just IMO
    That's true, but I guess you have to start them young?
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    I am sorry...but this is my personally opinion... inducting a 2 year old into MENSA is slightly...ludicrous. just IMO
    Agree, apparently he is bright but why not just wait a few years until he is a bit more developed. What benefit is there in being a member at that age?
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Has anyone hre actually been to a MENSA meeting or event? I wouldn't recommend it.
    Besides, you have to pass an IQ test to join, which a 2-year-old wouldn't be able to do.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    slightly....? :rolleyes:
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    No, this is just parents trying to compete with or outdo other parents, showing off their kid.

No, this is just parents trying to compete with or outdo other parents, showing off their kid.

Perhaps. From my observation it seems his parents are quite in it for fame, money and all that jazz...
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Perhaps. From my observation it seems his parents are quite in it for fame, money and all that jazz...
    That, too. I just meant, I don't think it's about "having to start them young".

• zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran

Anyone else find it weird that they kept showing him just scribbling on this chalkboard (like a normal 2 year old) with some mathematics and E=mc^2 written on it... as if we are to believe that they were teaching that to him at that point or he had written it himself?
  • I am sorry...but this is my personally opinion... inducting a 2 year old into MENSA is slightly...ludicrous. just IMO

Anyone else find it weird that they kept showing him just scribbling on this chalkboard (like a normal 2 year old) with some mathematics and E=mc^2 written on it... as if we are to believe that they were teaching that to him at that point or he had written it himself?
    Hahaha, yes I noticed a few things like I said that the kid seems to not really speak much English, if any at all in the video, merely babbles away like a toddler. I do not know how MENSA decided this kid was able to be allowed into this group, I mean he was 2 years old!! You cannot exactly take an IQ test at that age I don't think.
  • Also, the reporter says that his IQ is akind to that of Einstein... so that guy can calculate insanely complex equations in physics and solve problems of science today? No he can scribble on a board and babble.
    Well, I would think to many people, all Einstein did was to 'scribble on a board and babble'....
    come to think of it, I can do that too.....

so, I guess that would be ample evidence that I am eligible for Mensa!