Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Considering maybe becoming a Unitarian Universalist priest.

DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
edited August 2012 in General Banter
I'm in college and I want to get a masters degree, but I don't know in what as of now.

However, I got to thinking: I love Religion and Philosophy, I like telling people stories and information and I'm a Unitarian Universalist.

Why not get a my Graduate degree in Divinity and become a UU priest (my undergrad is going to be in Journalism and Spanish)?

I don't know if I have a real point to this, but it is a thing that has crossed my mind quite a few times. Just wondering if anyone has any input?

Comments

• I was introduced to Buddhism through a UU Minister, a Rev. Young, while living in Florida. He was a great guy and a fantastic Zen Meditation teacher. I can see where being a Minister to a bunch of individualists like the UUers isn't for everyone, though. About like herding cats at times.

Have you talked to any UU Ministers about this and gotten their advice?
    DaftChris
  • I think it's a great idea, and compatible with Buddhism. Talk to your priest about job availability in that field to see if it's a practical choice.
    DaftChris
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    @DaftChris :thumbsup:
    DaftChris
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    Start up a UU congregation in Southwest PA, and I'll join. :D
    DaftChris
  • Follow your bliss! ;)
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    James Ishmael Ford is a UU minister in R.I. who is also a 'certified' Zen teacher who helped start a number of Zen centers.