Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Food weakness, dieters beware!

I just broke my dieting trend and went for a carton of ice cream at the store, Ben and Jerry heath crunch.

What foods will make you think about them all day and you know eventually you will succumb?

(I did warn dieters)

Comments

• Chips. I freakin love chips. Chips with salsa dip as a treat... And cookies. I make these peanut butter cookies, and not to toot my own horn, they are GOOD. There have been days where I've eaten them for breakfast :p
    Tosh
  • I'm lactose intolerant. Ice Cream is a rare, rare treat. But when I have gone 6 - 7 months or more and then suddenly get the urge.... nothing can stop me! LOL Nothing.
    I will plow down an old lady if I see she's grabbing the last carton of Blue Bunny or Edy's ice cream at the store! I only eat the best brands of ice cream because I eat it so rarely. Ben & Jerry's would be great, too :)

I eat (about 3 scoops) at night, savoring every single spoonful, and then the next day.... I pay, and pay dearly!! But sometimes... ya just gotta have ice cream.
    RebeccaSJeffrey
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    RebeccaS said:

Chips. I freakin love chips. Chips with salsa dip as a treat... And cookies. I make these peanut butter cookies, and not to toot my own horn, they are GOOD. There have been days where I've eaten them for breakfast :p

Do you mean crisps? They're my weakness. I am on a minimum of three bags per day. I have lost 21 pounds this year and the final 7 won't budge. Crisps see? I ran 50 miles last week in total, and didn't lose a single lb.
  • RebeccaSRebeccaS Veteran
    edited October 2012
    Tosh said:

RebeccaS said:

Chips. I freakin love chips. Chips with salsa dip as a treat... And cookies. I make these peanut butter cookies, and not to toot my own horn, they are GOOD. There have been days where I've eaten them for breakfast :p

Do you mean crisps? They're my weakness. I am on a minimum of three bags per day. I have lost 21 pounds this year and the final 7 won't budge. Crisps see? I ran 50 miles last week in total, and didn't lose a single lb.
    Yeah, crisps! I've gotten used to saying chips now because the Canadians don't know what I'm talking about :lol:

But a crisp by any other name is just as delicious...
  • Crisps/Chips often have people going overboard with how many they eat.. big cause for obesity there, especially in US.
  • Jeffrey said:

I just broke my dieting trend and went for a carton of ice cream at the store, Ben and Jerry heath crunch.

What foods will make you think about them all day and you know eventually you will succumb?

(I did warn dieters)

Milkrice:p:)
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited October 2012
    Wait a minute... now I'm confused-
    What kind of "chips" are you guys talking about??

Fish n chips 'chips'? Or potato chips 'chips'?

*by the way, I love both! ;)
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    There is a Japanese restaurant near where I work that does the most amazing chilli tuna sushi rolls ever! Goats cheese does it for me too!
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Cookies!!!:( Especially Cookie Ice Cream! Lol! And I'm lactose intolerant.... When I was younger I would drink one or two cups of milk a night with cookies...BAD!! But, hey....at least I was working out!:)
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    MaryAnne said:

Wait a minute... now I'm confused-
    What kind of "chips" are you guys talking about??

Fish n chips 'chips'? Or potato chips 'chips'?

*by the way, I love both! ;)

Chips is for fish, the 'potato chip chips' are not chips, but called crisps.

Jeeeeeeeez, you guys!!!

MaryAnne
  • And cookies are biscuits if I recall :)
    DaltheJigsaw
  • Jeffrey Ben n Jerry's Heath bar is my Favorite too! Just ate a pint the other day! Sugar is probably my biggest craving..
    JeffreyDaltheJigsaw
  • Here are pictures of american biscuits:

• Yummmmmm
    American biscuits are like what we English / Aussies would call scones yeah? Need to be eaten with loads of whipped cream and strawberry jam!! :thumbsup:
    Jeffrey
  • Ah we do eat scones too which I might add are great! More of a sweet thing. Biscuits are served with honey and butter or as in the photo above, sausage gravy.

Here are scones:

I tried the sausage gravy on biscuits in the States @Jeffrey.......hmmmmmm, think it must be an acquired taste. ;)

And what's with grits mate?????? :confused:
    Jeffrey
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited October 2012
    Bunks said:

I tried the sausage gravy on biscuits in the States @Jeffrey.......hmmmmmm, think it must be an acquired taste. ;)

And what's with grits mate?????? :confused:

I've only had grits once and I gave it a thumbs down. Of course it was at Waffle House, 'the awful waffle' which is where people go after going out all night to the bar. The food is so bad that you can only eat if you are barely conscious.

I've never gone for sausage gravy either. Biscuits as I eat them are with beef stew and the biscuit has butter and honey. The batter or dough for the biscuit isn't that different from pancakes which USA has their own version. Pancake is served with butter and maple syrup, another very American thing. I had the Deutsch crepes with toppings and they were way better than USA pancakes although maple syrup could possibly swing the balance.

What's not to like about sausage gravy?
    :lol:

pancakes:

• Here's another way to go off that diet

http://eater.com/tags/mac-n-cheese-big-daddy-patty-melt

Denny's Mac 'n Cheese Patty Melt Rocks 1690 Cheesy Calories
    Jeffrey said:

Here's another way to go off that diet

http://eater.com/tags/mac-n-cheese-big-daddy-patty-melt

Denny's Mac 'n Cheese Patty Melt Rocks 1690 Cheesy Calories

Wow!!

My wife and I went to the Texas State Fair.....deep fried cookie dough, deep fried pickles, deep fried PB and J sandwich and....(I kid you not!)...deep fried Coke!!

• I had the deep fried cookie dough at a festival a few weeks ago. Couldn't believe how tasty it was! My weakness is any refined sugar. I eat pretty clean and healthy most of the time, but I don't think I'll ever want sugar out of my diet for good. I try to keep it to small treats now.

The absolute BEST ice cream out there is called Double Dunker by Turkey Hill. If you haven't tried it - go get some - now! Our local supermarket sells out weekly.

The absolute BEST ice cream out there is called Double Dunker by Turkey Hill. If you haven't tried it - go get some - now! Our local supermarket sells out weekly.

Ice cream is a nice treat for sure.....if you ever get to New Zealand y'all should try Goody Goody Gum Drops ice cream. Lovely!