Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Heart

Buddhism seeks to connect to the steadfastness of the heart with all its inner depth, purity, warmth, tenderness, goodness, nobility, trustworthiness, wisdom, strength, courage, high aspirations, deep yearnings, inner peace and joy.
Cole_zenfflobsterkashiWisdom23

Comments

• BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited December 2012
    it does? I thought the heart was just a piece of fleshy muscles that pumps blood around our body, man was I wrong ;P hehe
    JeffreyCole_TheEccentric
  • That could be a good starting place. A carcasse or a Valentines cookie. And then spiral into the 'clear light'.
    lobster
  • Jayantha said:

it does? I thought the heart was just a piece of fleshy muscles that pumps blood around our body, man was I wrong ;P hehe

Haha! True indeed! :)
  • lobsterlobster Crusty Veteran
    The Heart of Buddhism is the unfoldment and awakening of
    inner depth based on the cessation of suffering
    Purity based on the compassion of genuine altruism
    The expression of warmth, tenderness, goodness, nobility, trustworthiness, wisdom, strength, courage, high aspirations, deep yearnings, inner peace and joy and other inevitable expressions of right practice.

The rest is just muscle flexing. :thumbsup:
    TheEccentric
  • taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    edited December 2012
    An abundance of sadness, beauty, meaning, richness of life. May we all weep because of this.

Is this joy or sadness? Is weeping the only response? :)

What of creativity? What of inspiration? This authenticity!

Are we called to express to not remain silent?

Are we to say yes!?
  • Jeffrey said:

Buddhism seeks to connect to the steadfastness of the heart with all its inner depth, purity, warmth, tenderness, goodness, nobility, trustworthiness, wisdom, strength, courage, high aspirations, deep yearnings, inner peace and joy.

It also seeks to connect us with shallowness, impurity coldness, harshness, spite, pettiness, evasion, foolishness, weakness, cowardice, low aspirations, superficial whims, inner confusion and pain..
    And to see clearly how all those pairs of opposites arise dependently , and to see that we are not that.
    BhikkhuJayasara
  • I would add, seeing things as both empty, yet all as one.
    Citta
  • kashi said:

I would add, seeing things as both empty, yet all as one.

And diverse :).
    Citta
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    ...."Unfoldment"......? :hrm: