Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

corpse

last night during the meditation i determined to see 'my' previous births

1. after a while i have succeeded to see a woman with three children, i felt that was me and my children

smallest child was sitting on my lap, another one sitting on the bench where i was sitting and the older child standing a lttle bit further where i was sitting, but close enough to felt he (it was a he) also mine

2. after a while i see a woman carring a child (a baby)
at that time also i felt that was me

3. after a while i saw so many corpses in frount of me
there were countless corpses and i wanted to see the faces but i couldn't

all these scenaries were very vivid and like i see them with my own eyes even though my eyes were closed

i want to share this with you

i know the meaning of the last scene but i would like to know what you think about the third (3)

after that i felt like i couldn't be angry with anything or anyone
it is like ',my' heart is full of loving-kindness and compassion

please share your thoughts
JeffreyBunksseeker242

Comments

• If that happened to me I wouldn't know exactly what to think. Trungpa said that it was more important to see the significance of special experiences than it is to have them at all. I'm not sure what that means.

Why did you feel you couldn't be angry? Was it the love of the mother? Was it seeing that this all ends in a corpse and might as well be happy and loving?
  • Jeffrey said:

Why did you feel you couldn't be angry? Was it the love of the mother? Was it seeing that this all ends in a corpse and might as well be happy and loving?

at that moment i knew all those corpses were mine

if i end as a corpse everytime i born, what is the use of coming ing again
    the last result, the end result was a corpse each time before
    it was obvious at that time
    what is going to happen this time also the same

any living being gets the same result
    so why should i get angry with any living being whatever they do or say?
    they do not know wha they do or say and they continue to suffer enen houugh they know or not know they are suffering
    what would you think?
    you have loving-kindness for them
    if possible you would help them to get rid of their suffering- that is compassion

whatever comes in front of me which i am not happy to have in front of me that is done by a living being who is going to be a corpse
    so why should i get angry with anything that i confront (even though i get angry with what i confronted my anger goes towards the person who has done it - consider athat you see graffity on your house early in the morning and how would your mind react to it)

so how can you get angry with anything or anyone?
    do not think, i would be able to be like that all the time in future

now i know, and now i can work on my anger
    how far i will be successful is to be seen in future
  • Have a shower ..and carry on with your practice.
    lobster
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    upekka said:

3. after a while i saw so many corpses in frount of me
    there were countless corpses and i wanted to see the faces but i couldn't

i would like to know what you think about the third (3)

These corpses are all you. That's you, being reborn again and again. Death upon death, mountains of dead. All you.

Just my 2c.
    DaftChris
  • last night during the meditation i determined to see 'my' previous births
    The ability of the mind to bring up our determined requests should not be underestimated. The ability of our meditation to differentiate or move on from fantasy to reality should not be underestimated. Our ability to move on from 'inner experiences' is up to our maturity, that capacity can be overestimated . . .

Dance with a corpse. Dance with a Buddha. Still
    Dancing?
  • "Just as when boys or girls are playing with little sand castles:[4] as long as they are not free from passion, desire, love, thirst, fever, & craving for those little sand castles, that's how long they have fun with those sand castles, enjoy them, treasure them, feel possessive of them. But when they become free from passion, desire, love, thirst, fever, & craving for those little sand castles, then they smash them, scatter them, demolish them with their hands or feet and make them unfit for play."

"In the same way, Radha, you too should smash, scatter, & demolish form, and make it unfit for play. Practice for the ending of craving for form.

Satta Sutta
    http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn23/sn23.002.than.html
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    upekka said:

if i end as a corpse everytime i born, what is the use of coming again

The only good reason I can think of is to help others with their suffering.

:)
  • seeker242 said:

upekka said:

Do you have a choice ? Rebirth isnt a reward. Its what happens if we are not enlightened.
  • Its not a question of " what good " Rebirth isnt a reward or punishment. Its what happens as long as we are not Enlightened. Its cause and effect.
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran

seeker242 said:

upekka said:

Do you have a choice ? Rebirth isnt a reward. Its what happens if we are not enlightened.
    It is said that a Bodhisattva chooses to continue being reborn until all beings are saved.

• Yes I have heard that story. Not being a Bodhisattva I have no idea if it is true.
  • pegembara said:
    thanks pegembara for the reference

thanks all others for their comments