Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Any Game of Thrones fans?

MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
edited March 2013 in General Banter
Neat way to waste 20 minutes or so... Make your own Game of Thrones house banner!

http://www.jointherealm.com/

Here's mine:

photo canvas440x640_zps310ad704.jpg

Comments

• Jason_PDKJason_PDK Explorer
    edited March 2013
    That is awesome!

And in answer to your question:
    YES, YES, YES! Season 3 starts tomorrow! I can hardly wait! :D
    MaryAnne
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    I predict Tyrion will end up with Daenerys. Hottest plus ugliest. And if he gets grayscale he'll be even uuuglier.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Heard about this show quite a bit. Perhaps I need to check it out. I am finishing "Breaking Bad." What an interesting show. Highly recommend it.
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    Most pirated TV show EVER in the history of the internet.
    DaltheJigsaw
  • maartenmaarten Veteran
    edited April 2013
    I was really addicted to the first series, but I did not like the 2nd one too much (nevertheless, I still felt addicted to it). Also I'm bothered with the graphic violence, I felt like it tuned me into some more aggressive emotions. Since I was not enjoying it too much anymore anyway, I thought it would be better to stop watching.

For those who like the series, what do you think about the graphic violence? Do you think it has any effect on you?

EDIT: I wanted to add that probably it has this effect because I tend to identify a lot with the characters in movies or stories, so if they commit some act of violence, I picture myself doing it, which leaves me feeling awkward afterwards.
    maarten said:

For those who like the series, what do you think about the graphic violence? Do you think it has any effect on you?

It's nasty, but mild compared to what's in the books.
    If they wanted to make a TV version of Game Of Thrones, there's no way to do it without the violence.
    Lucky you don't get the full level of gore described in the books, let alone all the misogyny.
  • I view this GoT series as it was meant to be viewed- as an elaborate tale, a fantasy, a blend of reality and sci-fi. And, as in any great story telling, there is always a great deal of embellished drama, fear & violence and emotional investment.
    Even kids' fairy tales and stories have some level of violence and melo-drama.

Now a 'slasher' movie, (Saw, Friday the 13th, Child's play, etc) that's something else. That violence is in a setting that is realistic and current. That's why I don't watch them any more - although I was a big fan of the genre when I was younger.