Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dissent and Compassion.

' The conventional view of compassion differs from the Buddhist view , which is to radically dissent in the face of delusion. '

Traktung Rinpoche.
Invincible_summer

Comments

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    Is it our responsibility to "radically dissent" to delusion we see in others? Or only in ourselves?

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Does that mean we should be fervent radicals and point out others delusions when confronted with them as an expression of compassion or is it something more subtle than that?
  • I think it is to just see your delusions and then vomit them up.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Another quote that only raises questions.

OP, could you explain the meaning when you post a quote? Do you post these for discussion, or simply to share? It's sort of like when someone posts nothing but a link in an OP, and says something like "enjoy". It's helpful to provide a summary, an explanation, or an interpretation.
  • Dakini said:

Another quote that only raises questions.

OP, could you explain the meaning when you post a quote? Do you post these for discussion, or simply to share? It's sort of like when someone posts nothing but a link in an OP, and says something like "enjoy". It's helpful to provide a summary, an explanation, or an interpretation.

As much as quotes are a good source of taking a step back and reflecting upon things, I think Citta you should give a little background information on each one when you post them as they are taken out of context. Sometimes this may not be needed but other times it is, I think this is one of those times.
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    OK point taken. I will stop.
    With Metta to all.

_/\_
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    See y'all in June... Inshalla.
  • Citta said:

See y'all in June... Inshalla.

In June? Are you a monk..? And no problem with quotes, they are a good source of studying sometimes, just need a little context.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Citta said:

OK point taken. I will stop.
    With Metta to all.

_/\_

@Citta, nobody's asking you to stop.
    What we're asking is for is some kind of preamble, an outline of your opinion, why you post and what you would like in return from contributions.
    It's exactly the same requirement (EveryOne!) as when posting links to articles, videos, YouTube clips... Cite source, reason, opinion and ask for feedback if required.

It's like walking into a roomful of people and saying "The bus Conductor left the bus for ten minutes today, as he needed a break. " Then leaving.

Yeah, right. Thanks for that.....

And...?

• CittaCitta Veteran
    As I said Federica I take the point.
    What I find useful for myself is simply to reflect on an issue without any preamble or background. Just to see if it resonates.
    But this might not be useful for others.
    I will take a break anyway..which I would do anyway. I dont like becoming habituated to things.
    If I return in a couple of months, I will consider how to be of more use.

with Metta...

_/\_ :)
This discussion has been closed.