Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Confused, Dazed, and Enibriated.

The more I reflect on things the less the less it seems as though "humans" are the kings and stewards of the earth that they think themselves to be. I look at things that are of concern to my fellows and fail to understand the lack of comprehension when posed with certian, "fundamental" human problems. The degree of confusion and obfuscation is astounding when we look at the nature of this economic crisis here in the U.S. In one line of poor, deluded reasoning (there are myriads) we see this deep seated fear regarding government deficits. "Ohh $14,000,000,000,000 in debt." Yes this is a large number but in the relative sense it is roughly 1 years income for the government. The average salary is roughly $80,000/year and a home costs $150,000 to $200,000 so the average home owner is far more in debt than the federal government. Also when they shut down no one knew, so who cares?

Again we have this $ symbol which is supposed to represent some quantitativily real value but in truth the dollar is nothing more than paper. The term for this is FIAT currency, it is currency that is not backed by some sort of real comodity, in most cases gold or silver. So in other words an non-fiat currency is one where for every $10 in ciruclation there is $10 worth of gold and/or silver. A fiat currency on the other hand is a fancy piece of paper... nothing more. So really the $14,000,000,000 of debt is realy worth the amount of ink and paper it took to make those dollars... not much. The money that we have is based on faith. If you only believe in jesus... i mean money it will get you stuff. The economy is bad because people dont believe enough. So this economic crisis is just a cluster !@#$ of delusion upon delusion.

"We owe china money. What if they come to get it" Well one chinese are communists... they dont believe in money at all. And two we already gave them the money. They bought treasuries which are Bonds, AKA I owe you money. Our dollars are IOU gold or sliver but now they are just IOU. So we owe china IOUs???????

The only way to make money is to make stuff. Money=Stuff Not Stuff=Money. The economy is bad because no one has work to make stuff, so no one is buying it, so they cant make stuff, back and forth over and over.

I guess im just confused about the issue here? Dollars=Stuff Make stuff=Make dollars or Make stuff=Have stuff????? Whats the issue?

Nirvana

Comments

• I think its just stuff. Forget the darn stuff.

Oh my iphone bill is here, how am i gonna eat this month? What???????

Which is more fun? Stuff or doing stuff? Millionaires are rich because they did stuff and didnt buy stuff. "Cant have your cake and eat it too."

You have to do/make more stuff than you buy. Problem solved.
  • America owes China too much money! It's China's problem, not America. Same as if we lent a lot of money to our friends and they can't pay back to us. Who will go broke? We are broke for sure, not our friends.
    Nirvana
  • What im saying is that our money is monopoly money. So why do we care about debt, or any of these economic fear tactics.

Also, China dosen't belive in personal wealth; they're communists. Everything they do is socialized. The whole country runs off of government funds, and their government just gives them food, water, sheleter, and work. They don't need money, they dont use it. Cash is for allowance. They dont believe in money.

I think it may be an effort to crash the chinese economy, A second cold war.
    Or It is a means of disolving the middle class and removing the primary, and largest group of voters from america. Only poor and rich.

But most likely it is the results of the actions of a confused, dazed, and enibriated populace, who are too drunk off of sensual pleasure, attatchment, and pride, and too deluded, ignorant, and scared to even begin to grasp.... well... anything.

Om mani padme hung. The endless cycle of samsara.
    Nirvana
  • I think they use money in China and have profit and wealth disparity.
    Invincible_summer
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    It's a crazy system much in need of repair, Neither Member.

AND it's based on selfishness and the pursuit of a kind of "wellth" (wealth) wherein the masses want things quicker and quicker and quicker and want them neat and just-so. In a way, money is a system of wrath. You pay your money and you want things just so. In the barter system one just cannot be so uniformly fussy about every last point in every single transaction. --And if you don't have money, you starve! That's so merciful!

As for me, I'm a stickler for words and terminology. The "stuff" that makes the system churn and burn is full of fraud. That's the issue. Well, that and the fact that we're ruining the place without any consideration for the seventh generation after ours (www.7genfund.org). Take the nuclear power industry, for instance. Though New Clear Power is doubtless 1000% safe and 1,000,000% cleaner than the Old Smokey Fossil Fuel stuff????? I think that the industry uses the words power needs rather than power demands for obfuscating purposes rather than to shed light on the issues. We need much less than we use (demand, command). One might go on and on building more nuclear power plants every 30 miles or so!

I'll stop here in a minute, though, 'cuz I'm tired. However, to sum up my rather scattered thoughts: The Hippies were onto something. This crazy worldly marketplace of slogans finicky fashions and novelties needs to be abandoned by millions of people with a truer ideal. Insofar as you reasonably can, boycott the products that you cannot eat. Just say "No" to buying that "no good" junk and being possessed by it. The Hippies took off all their conform-to-the-norm "uniforms" and covered up their nakedness only with flowers and the semblances of flowers. Do that and experience life (freedom) rather than staying in the well-moneyed world obsessed with always entertaining sundry shiny things.

This craziness has to STOP, but if anyone had a viable plan would he or she be allowed to take many more breaths? Maybe I do believe in the Devil and in his power, afterall.
    Jeffrey
  • EvenThirdEvenThird NYC Veteran
    Just a side note: China has many of the very poor that are kept afloat by government subsidies, but there is a growing "middle class" (the standards are lower than US middle class however). Also the US and China share half the world's billionaires.

Although technically communist, there is much encouragement for capitalist consumption, and there is much of that going on in even small towns, not to mention in the industrial and bigger cities. That being said, it perhaps is also a vehicle for more economic disparity in China.
    Invincible_summer
  • What would Buddha say to all these confusion?
  • Life is suffering, The cause of suffering is desire.
    lobster
  • Neither said:

Life is suffering, The cause of suffering is desire.

Stop the world I wanna get off?
    No can do.

Head spin calmed?
    A little less drama being spun?
    Can do.

:orange:
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    @Neither - If China was really Communist (and not just paying lip service to the ideology by keeping the name for the ruling party), why would they have so many brands worth so much bourgeois, worker-alienating money, and the demand for "luxury" brands increasing?

EvenThird
  • Well we all know that communism dosen't work. Not because its a bad idea, but because people suck. But even there, all they're doing is putting the people to work, and they'd force them to work, pay or no. The fact is that, the government houses, feeds, waters, employs, and controls them, so cash is just a bit of luxury, not unit of commerce like it is here. The chinese do not need money, they make everything themsleves, and trade goods and services for what they dont have at home. I think the chinese want our wheat, and rubber, we give that to them. So they will, trade stupidity for nessesscity, Food and transportation for crappy uselsess items. We just have no sense of value. That toy is not worth $50 and that rubber or wheat is not worth $0.01.

Like i said, dazed, confused, and enibriated; a video game worth a months food and water??????????? a bit of wheat and sugar worth an hours work?????????? I think the chinese are laughing at us.
  • Meanwhile, people eat out so they forget how to cook.
    They want things convienient so they forget how to think.
    They want things automated so they forget how to work.

What do you call a person who cant cook, Hungry.
    What is a person who cant think, Stupid.
    What is a person who cant work, Poor.

For all our intellegence, all of our DESIRE. What did we get? Suffering.
    We skillfully damned ourselves and our children, by not recognizing the first noble truth.

"Money cant buy happiness" the 1st noble truth in american terms.

Om mani padme hung x 1,000,000

• Om mani padme hung x 1,000,000

Words. Spin. And Now?
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    @neither said
    What do you call a person who cant cook, Hungry. :screwy:
    What is a person who cant think, Stupid. :rarr:
    What is a person who cant work, Poor. :banghead:

Right now I would call them a Phillipino whose world has just been catastrophically destroyed by a shared globally evolved natural event. I was in Manhattan a couple of weeks ago when the effects of hurricane Sandy were being reflectively reviewed 1 year on - What are the Philippines going to look like in 1 year... Not like that part of NYC does I can tell you. What does Haiti look like now; what did pompeii look like 1 year after versuvius erupted!

No... Money can't buy happiness but if you believe in the real people who work hard and whose efforts underpin the value of every currency = something to that person and if they donate it, that little bit of something will help the tremendous suffering that is happening there right here right now.

Be confused be dazed be inebriated but especially be moved by, and don't overlook, the suffering that exists in our world.

When I have gone for formal meditation sittings and talks - no one talks like this. Sure there is humour, but the presence of a teacher and other practitioners, usually enables people understand humility - it's lacking here. Just seen someone post about the phillipines - going to join that one as this one is a distraction.