Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Scotland Remains Part of the UK

2»

Comments

• ToshTosh Veteran
    edited September 2014

@vinlyn said:
    Sort of like when Governor Rick Perry of Texas brought up secession, and many in the rest of the country said please do!

Lol; yes. I'm sure many of us in the rest of the UK would've voted for Scotland to be an independent country. I'm a Geordie, btw, historically we've never gotten on with the Scottish (we border Scotland and neighbours always fight).

The Scotish say Geordies are just Jocks with their brains kicked out. :(

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Seriously though, Toss, I assume that the majority in the rest of the UK would have voted to keep Scotland in the country. Or am I wrong?

• No, you're right; I'm sure most of us in the UK wish Scotland to remain in it.

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited September 2014

@Tosh If the rest of the UK had been allowed to vote, thwarted Scotland's right to self-determination. According to UN human rights norms, peoples have the right of self-determination.

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Tosh said:
    No, you're right; I'm sure most of us in the UK wish Scotland to remain in it.

Yes, we need the oil and somewhere to park the nuclear subs. :p .

Tosh
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    edited September 2014

Alex Salmond the morning after losing the referendum...

• Here in Oz, Queensland is like Texas, it's not a state, its a state of mind and Queenslanders are like Texans, they're.........different :rolleyes:

Shoshin