Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Mindfulness Experience Diary

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited October 2014 in Meditation

Did you have a mindfulness experience today ?

If so what percentage of your day were you mindful ?

Are you mindful right now ? (Silly question …but it should stir the ol’ grey matter into action)

“Why put off until tomorrow what can be done today?
Don't allow procrastination to block the middle way !"

May we all be mindful not to be mind full….

Bunks

Comments

  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2014

    :buck: .

    As usual my mind is empty . . .
    Does that count as 'emptiness is form and mind full is empty'?

    How many karma points do I get?

    ShoshinBuddhadragon
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited October 2014

    @Shoshin
    The mindfulness experience diary!

    I usually think that the fullness that pertains to mind full ness, refers to a mind unlimited by our own conditioned responses to phenomena rather than a fullness describing a mind being too full to accept anything else.

    For a mindfulness diary, the first description of mindfulness would see the empty pages of it's namesake as perfectly unmarred, where as the second description of a full mind would likely see such empty pages as a trophy wall waiting to be filled.

    Which begs the question, "Is this site a mindfullness diary? and of what?"

    Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited October 2014

    @how said:
    Shoshin
    The mindfulness experience diary!

    I usually think that the fullness that pertains to mind full ness, refers to a mind unlimited by our own conditioned responses to phenomena rather than a fullness describing a mind being too full to accept anything else.

    For a mindfulness diary, the first description of mindfulness would see the empty pages of it's namesake as perfectly unmarred, where as the second description of a full mind would likely see such empty pages as a trophy wall waiting to be filled.

    Which begs the question, "Is this site a mindfullness diary? and of what?"

    @how, good point...However when I used "May we all be mindful not to be mind full!" I was referring to the junk one tends to accumulate in the form of building/fabricating stories around an event, cluttering the mind with trivia, more often than not blowing things all out of proportion...

    As for your questions...Yes it is full of stuff that one should 'mindfully' work through (using mindfulness as a filtering tool-filtering out the treasure from the junk-Bearing in mind "One person's junk is another person's treasure!")... and the "of what?" Of all what's on the minds of its members....

  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

    @lobster said:
    :buck: .

    As usual my mind is empty . . .
    Does that count as 'emptiness is form and mind full is empty'?

    How many karma points do I get?

    Well @lobster, "you" don't get any...But you do make a good karma point though... . :D ..

    lobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

    Oh I should point out, this thread was meant for members if they feel inclined to share their mindfulness experiences...How mindfulness worked and or is working for them... . :om: ..

    silver
  • Sharing mindless experiences might be more entertaining.
    Like today, I drove 8 miles to town to get a putty knife from the boat, then got distracted by something else and forgot to grab it.
    The result? 45 minutes of scrounging around to find some other tool that would do the job. Fun!

    Shoshinhow
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited October 2014

    @robot said:
    Sharing mindless experiences might be more entertaining.
    Like today, I drove 8 miles to town to get a putty knife from the boat, then got distracted by something else and forgot to grab it.
    The result? 45 minutes of scrounging around to find some other tool that would do the job. Fun!

    You're right, sharing mindless experiences would be interesting & entertaining.....
    But it would also seem 'mindlessness' can lead to creativity in some... . :D ..

  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

    Being aware of presence Is my mindfulness, just being.

  • The window is open and building work keeps me attentive to sound. Certainly a lot more musical than the cacophony Tibetan temples use to scare away mindless demons . . .

  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited October 2014

    I spent the first thirty years of my life keeping journals.
    Now that I quit the habit of mindfully keeping record of my life, I find that time gets more profitably spent mindfully living my life.
    And yes, I did have several stints of mindful moments today.

    Shoshin
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran

    Sometimes you get to be mindful when you are just waiting. Yesterday I was in hospital prepped and waiting for my doc to come and do a procedure. Waited while he had his lunch or something. At one point I got tired of waiting, but I waited some more and when he came in we joked around.

    Shoshinlobster
Sign In or Register to comment.