Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where is everyone from?

NichyNichy Explorer
edited February 2015 in General Banter

Thus far i'm enjoying to knowledge and interaction from this group, was wondering where is everyone from?

I was born in Haiti, grew up in Boston and now living in Florida :)

BunksHamsakaRowan1980Telly03BuddhadragonbookwormNerima

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Grew up in far northern Minnesota, living here again now. Spent some time living in North Dakota. Haven't lived many places but have traveled a lot. Coming to Florida to visit in 6 weeks before winter eats me alive, though :)

Nichy
  • NichyNichy Explorer

Awesome!!! where in Florida are you visiting @karasti ?

We haven't made a full plan yet, but will be spending some time in the Keys for sure. The kids wanna do some stuff in Orlando and I have family in Jacksonville. So, probably all over. No doubt 10 days will not feel like long enough!

NichyJeffrey
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    edited February 2015

I live in the East Midlands in the UK.

Nichy
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

That's norf of London, innit?

Nichy
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran
    edited February 2015

I was born in India, in the city of Hyderabad, but I was raised in the United States.

NichyNerima
  • I was born in Japan (Maizuru), dragged up in the Kingdom of Northumbria (North Shields), and currently live in Wales (Chepstow).

NichyNerima
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran
    Hey i was born is South Africa, now like in west Australia!
    Nichy
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited February 2015

I was born in wisconsin and live in michigan (USA). @karasti Epcot is really cool but about 25% more expensive than magic kingdom or Universal Studios. But Epcot had my favorite ride where you feel like you are flying! A beer is 10 dollars O.o Most expensive place I have ever been.

Nichy
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    I'm in Hamilton, Ontario in Canada. About a 45 minute drive from Toronto.
    Nichy
  • @Nichy said:
    Thus far i'm enjoying to knowledge and interaction from this group, was wondering where is everyone from?

I am not even convinced 'I' exist let alone am from somewhere . . .
    . . . however in the sense you mean I am from London but only in the mundane sense. My real home is Dewachan http://www.tonglen.oceandrop.org/Dewachen.htm but I have been temporarily exiled . . .

sova
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

@lobster said:
    . . . however in the sense you mean I am from London but only in the mundane sense. My real home is Dewachan http://www.tonglen.oceandrop.org/Dewachen.htm but I have been temporarily exiled . . .

There is an absolutely amazing and beautiful talk by Joan Halifax and Stanislav Grof.. a line he says toward the very end is reminiscent of your wording. He makes no judgement as to whether or not our experience is nirvana or temporary exile... perhaps you would find it interesting

/aside

Nichy
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    I am born and bred in Australia. Currently living just outside Melbourne.
    Nichy
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

British by birth but Italian by 'where the heart is'....

Nichy
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, and did the 'bear went over the mountains to see what she could see', lived in San Diego and then Goatbutt, North Idaho in five feet of snow, and then came back home :D .

Nichysilver
  • Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran
    I grew up in Lowell, MA, and I've been living in central Maine for the last almost-9 years.
    Nichy
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Born/raised in NC PA - been in So. CA ("Left Coast") for a long time.

• . . . amazing and beautiful talk by Joan Halifax and Stanislav Grof..

Many thanks :)

• Born/Raised in California, traveled much in my Air Force career, lived in Hawaii for 15 years, now in Maryland.

Nichy
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

From Buenos Aires, Argentina, but living in Switzerland for sixteen years.

NichyRowan1980
  • NichyNichy Explorer

@DhammaDragon I've always wanted to visit Switzerland..

Buddhadragon
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Very hilly, Switzerland.... :D

Nichysilver
  • NichyNichy Explorer

@federica living in florida, i'm so used to flat land... so hilly might be a nice change of scenery lol

Buddhadragon
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@federica said:
    Very hilly, Switzerland.... :D

Well, here it is probably über- hilly O.o

• bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

@Nerima said:
    I was born in Japan, and grew up in the US, Taiwan, Thailand, and Haiti.
    My Dad worked for the federal government, hence the travel.
    In between posts, we traveled a lot to other places. I feel blessed for it.
    Now that I'm in my mid-50s, I travel solo. Just returned from India last year.

That's pretty cool, I hope you enjoyed your visit to India, I was a toddler when my parents brought me to the States, I don't remember a whole lot of India, but I do plan on returning sometime in the near future and staying there for life, I would love to go to bodhgaya and see the bodhi tree, and to one day hopefully ordain there as a bhikkhu.

BunkssilverNerima

@silver said:
    Born/raised in NC PA - been in So. CA ("Left Coast") for a long time.

What / where is NC PA @silver?

Hee hee @Hamsaka - Goatbutt. Great name for a town!

I've always been amused by place names. Especially rude ones.

There's a town near Melbourne called "Upper Plenty" which I think is awesome!

NerimaBuddhadragon
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited February 2015

@Bunks said: What / where is NC PA @silver?

sorry for all the abbreviations. That'd be north central Pennsylvania (usa).

Bunks
  • NerimaNerima Veteran
    edited February 2015

@bookworm I actually visited Hyderabad for a few days. I met some very nice people there. My fav place in India is Varanasi. That place still pops up in my dreams. From there we drove to Sarnath.

bookworm
  • @Bunks in Pennsylvania we have two towns near each other: Blueballs and Intercourse!

BunksBuddhadragon

Oh whoah, @Nerima, I've heard of Intercourse, but not the first one! O.o

Rowan1980ToshBuddhadragonNerima

I once met a young fellah from Albuquerque
    Who'd gone to the butcher to buy him a tuerque
    And a few christmas treats,
    like some cakes and some sweets
    But his dad simply wanted some good ol' beef Juerque.

Rowan1980
  • @Nerima said:
    Bunks in Pennsylvania we have two towns near each other: Blueballs and Intercourse!

You have a town called Intercourse? Wow! That's brilliant. =)

Rowan1980Nerima

There is a town down the road from us called Embarrass. There is also Climax and Fertile.
    I think Cando, North Dakota is a favorite (as in, Can Do!) as well as Truth or Consequences, NM.
    When I took the bus to CO several years ago, we had a stop in Boondocks Junction, Iowa. Found that fitting, lol. I love strange town names :)

Rowan1980Nerima

I have heard of Truth and Consequences @karasti!

There's some other good ones here in Oz:

Humpybong
    Bong Bong
    Come by chance
    Nowhere else
    Woolloomooloo

karastiDairyLamaRowan1980Nerima

LOL! Humpybong!?

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Born in Brighton (SE England) but have lived in London for last 23 years...

• There is a hell michigan. Is that tempting to immigrate to?

karastiRowan1980Nerima
  • the attraction is to say "I've been to hell and back" (post above)

Buddhadragon

(I bet they sell postcards....)

Nerima