Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What **really** scares you?

2»

Comments

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    I'm an atheist till the day I die! ..........then I'm open to offers

I lived that with three acquaintances, I swear.

I'd rather be some kind of Don Giovanni dragged to hell by the Commendatore than relinquish my beliefs...

Let's hope the deathbed does not change that...

Shoshin
  • GuiGui Veteran

I have found that these thoughts are frightening. But on the few occasions where one of my greatest fears came true, I had no time to be frightened. I just acted and experienced what was going on. Later I was surprised that I wasn't afraid. So why bother being afraid of thoughts.

silverkarasti
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Good point @Gui

Why be afraid of thoughts?

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

@Gui for sure!! Our imaginations are our worst enemy most of the time. Whatever comes, the strength and fortitude to cope is there. It's anticipating things that our minds run away with (and are so unlikely!) that scare us the most. Strange how we scare the crap out of ourselves for no reason.