Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Amaravati

adeleadele Blackpool Rocks! Explorer

HI, I am due to go to Amaravati this coming Friday but now there are threatened train strikes starting the day before. I wondered if anyone else on here is going and lives up north or knows of anyone. I would be happy to pay half the fuel costs if I could go along with someone. I have been waiting six months for this retreat and really want to go. thank.s

Comments

• ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

@adele This may not be much help but if you get a coach to London Victoria there is a regular bus to Hemel Hempstead you should be able to get a taxi from there to Amaravati.

Timetable here:

http://www.greenline.co.uk/timetables-search/758---hemel-hempstead-to-london/

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(If you choose that option, book now....)

• adeleadele Blackpool Rocks! Explorer

Hi and thanks Lonely Traveller and Federica - I don't know what to do - take a chance with the trains or book a coach. The coach will take me nine and a half hours to get there and I can't get back on the Sunday so would have to try to use my train ticket for then. It is working out very expensive now too.

I decided it was too important to me to risk not getting there so I have booked a single on the coach and will come back on the train. After waiting six months to go and potentially not being able to get a place later in the year I didn't want to miss out. I am very nervous about it though.

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Bravo.

Being nervous is perfectly natural. They are good people. The environment is pleasant. You will be fine. <3

adele
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Pleasant? It's absolutely lovely! Surrounded by green pastures and meadows, woodlands and fields...It's a haven even without a Buddhist touch!

adele

I went and it is lovely but I didn't stay for the whole retreat in the end. I was in the large dorm near the drying room so in the afternoon space I couldn't rest because of the washing machine and hairdryer and the banging doors. I got barely any sleep and could hardly function so I came home. I'm told I can probably have a smaller dorm next time as I have tried the big one now though singles are too hard to get.