Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

if you were a specialty coffee drink, like starbucks or a pub, what would you be and why ?

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited February 2012 in General Banter
Starbucks...cafe americano...because I think heaven smells like espresso. I like strong anything.

Pub... a cavit pinot grigio with a caramelized pear and orange gelato. Crisp, clean, simple, bright and light.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I wouldn't be a coffee... i'd be a chamomile tea with a tequila chaser..... !
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Is Folgers crystals instant coffee an option?
  • Latte with raspberry and chocolate flavors (this is making me hungry)..
  • Lol @person...sure. I recommend nescafe taster's choice...I promise it is much better.

@federica...at the same time! Good morning andnight ritual!
  • @Jeffrey "it's penut butter jelly time! "
  • @everyone ...you gotta say why...
  • The coffee isle at the local supermarket since I don't drink coffee. I just love the smell.
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    I can't drink coffee, it makes me feel really nauseous, can I just be a bog standard tea bag? No frills, but I must be in an elegant tea cup.
    Is Folgers crystals instant coffee an option?
    Because I'm lazy and cheap.

• Lady_Alison, is our description of the coffee a tale about our personality or is it why we like the drink?
  • Arjquad..just pick something else...@dandelion...you just like pretty things...cute...but what kind of tea? UK has awesome tea.
    Literally bog standard breakfast/english tea... as in the cheap own brand stuff from the supermarket. I honestly can't taste the difference between a packet that is 'high end' and the cheapo stuff without fancy packaging. Yes, I do like pretty things.. I insist on drinking wine from my leopard print wine glass, it tastes nicer lol!! Have you noticed that sandwiches taste best when they are cut into little triangles and eaten off a lovely little china plate? Or is it just me?! I quite like Red Bush tea too, but it still only comes second to my bog standard :D
  • Turkish coffee: strong and delicious.
    Turkish coffee: strong and delicious.
    Oooo... you just reminded me of Turkish Delight... blumin delicious. I'll take tea, and some turkish delight if I may...
  • Lady_Alison but I do love the coffee isle. I guess if I had to choose a drink it'd be coke since it's the elixir of life.
  • @Jeffrey...no, it's just for fun. When I worked at starbucks we stereotyped...an insanely correct at times.

Teenagers loved frappucinos, athletes worried about soy, sugar free syrrup added. Emts and cops preferred black or double espresso...as well as college kids.

Homeless people asked for samples. We would donate some day old pastries to this guy who looked like mick jagger. He was interesting...

Stressed out soccer moms ordered very precise things like making sure it was only a half shot...half decaf...2splenda 1equal..1 pump mocha and only 105degrees.

Yikes
    edited February 2012
    Serious answer though is I don't drink coffee anymore. I find tea to give a smoother boost. I prefer chai with milk and sugar.

When I did drink coffee I would buy fair trade, organic and usually french roast. I would drink it black. I liked the dark bitterness of it. I hope that doesn't mean I'm dark and bitter. :-/
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited February 2012
    Stressed out soccer moms ordered very precise things like making sure it was only a half shot...half decaf...2splenda 1equal..1 pump mocha and only 105degrees.
    :D

I would order a latte. Now I order a grande black coffee. (simple and 'less expensive') I go to Bigby coffee which is cozy but not as impressive as Starbucks. For instance starbucks has all those very nice baked goods and Bigbys has preservative cookies and brownies and some things.

I had a friend, Mohamed from Algeria, who would order a single espresso and he wouldn't drink it he would leave it at the table. He had mystique, I miss him!
    edited February 2012
    I had a friend, Mohamed from Algeria, who would order a single espresso and he wouldn't drink it he would leave it at the table. He had mystique, I miss him!
    :lol: :thumbsup:
  • @person..not at all. French roast has dark nutty notes with a light acidity. Very close to espresso and italian roast.

I admitted this to @dandelion. I make this horrid "witch brew " (my husband calls it)

I take a long piece of raw ginger root, peel and shredded. Boiled in 5 cups of water until dark brown. The longer it boils, the stronger it is. I serve it with honey and. Lemon.

Hubby says it kicks like a mule...bourbon goes down easier.

But it cures my colds.
  • edited February 2012
    Chai latte. Better yet--Tibetan butter tea!
    Does that really require explanation?
    Lol! I like that kind of eccentricity. Was it a psychological thing where he was trying to quit caffeine, but he still liked to go to a coffee shop and be sociable?
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Kona coffee, black, no sugar.

Why?

Yum!
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited February 2012
    Lol! I like that kind of eccentricity. Was it a psychological thing where he was trying to quit caffeine, but he still liked to go to a coffee shop and be sociable?
    He used to vanish too. It was me a girl from New Zealand and Mohammed from Algeria.. I was a chemistry student and they were post-docs. Mohammed was always late, had a good laugh and a good tease, the espresso thing, and he vanished.. He was magic! And listened to James Brown.
    @person..not at all. French roast has dark nutty notes with a light acidity. Very close to espresso and italian roast.
    Are you saying I'm dark and nutty and slightly acidic? ;)
  • @person..yes, and I would enjoy you with an almond biscotti!
  • Hefeweizen with orange. Strong enough for a man but pH balanced for a woman.
  • Chai latte. Better yet--Tibetan butter tea!
    You have to say why you like it.
  • @jeffrey... Hefeweizen is yeasty. What are you saying that women are yeasty?! Lol
  • Actually I have had a Carmel cappuccino a couple of times and it was pretty good.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited February 2012
    @jeffrey... Hefeweizen is yeasty. What are you saying that women are yeasty?! Lol
    Hefeweizen (german) has banana and cloves notes from the strain of yeast. And women are bananas on account of all their strains!

If you ferment them at a lower temperature you get less banana and more cloves hehe
  • The orange is for the aphrodesiac :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Chai latte. Better yet--Tibetan butter tea!
    You have to say why you like it.
    May I quote genkaku, and say "YUM"? If you'd ever had Tibetan Butter Tea, you'd understand. As for chai latte--I like the spicy kick, smoothed over by milk.

• @Jeffrey ...nice back peddling...lol

@Arjquad...caramel frap...classic youthful and sweet.
  • Star anise in chai is a derivative of the tamiflu vaccine. Very good to drink during cold season.
  • Kona coffee, black, no sugar.

Why?

Yum!
    Rare, rich and volcanic, dark like freshly turned black soil, a hint of afternoon rain...tropical rainbow.
  • @Jeffrey...try chocolate orange, mint chocolate combination...very good.
  • That does sound a good taste
  • I had a friend, Mohamed from Algeria, who would order a single espresso and he wouldn't drink it he would leave it at the table. He had mystique, I miss him!
    He used to vanish too. It was me a girl from New Zealand and Mohammed from Algeria.. I was a chemistry student and they were post-docs. Mohammed was always late, had a good laugh and a good tease, the espresso thing, and he vanished.. He was magic! And listened to James Brown.
    There was a 69 year old arab that ordered a single espresso in a porcelain tiny cup. He would smoke outside infront of his red ferari and capture the attention of young attractive models. He would drive away with one or two piled on each others lap. His empty cup on the black iron table, wet from the rain.
    He sounds like a wizard. I haven
    There was a 69 year old arab that ordered a single espresso in a porcelain tiny cup. He would smoke outside infront of his red ferari and capture the attention of young attractive models. He would drive away with one or two piled on each others lap. His empty cup on the black iron table, wet from the rain.
    Well, you know what they say about ferrari's don't you *ahem*!!!!
    Oh it's done it again.... the text disappeared from my post before the ferarri one..
    he sounds like a wizard... and then I can't remember what else I wrote???
  • I had a friend, Mohamed from Algeria, who would order a single espresso and he wouldn't drink it he would leave it at the table. He had mystique, I miss him!
    Was he an ordinary arab or did Don Juan summon him?
  • He was a little man @dandelion. Lol...but the litge ones surprise you...maybe he was as well endowed as his car. Lol..he was an enigma too
    Some people are just magnets aren't they. Good Karma for them. I have a friend can get away with saying the most obscene things to strangers, they laugh, and take it in good humour. If it were any one else though, and they'd get a slap, right where it hurts lol!
  • Its just rain.. God's water..
  • Sorry a memory of someone saying that! While I was in a waiting room of probation officer with my girlfriend..

Ok I'll try to settle down.
    Its just rain.. God's water..
    @Jeffrey, I like that. Rain makes me feel better when I'm poorly. I suffer with migraines, especially in the summer because of the sunshine, bright light kills me. Last summer, I had a 6 week bout of migraines, and one particular time I was sleeping in bed, curtains drawn, and suddenly like someone pushed me, I woke up, sat bolt upright and opened the curtains and stuck my head out the window just as it started to rain and the thunder roared. It made me better, don't ask me how, but it did. Weird, I know. When it gets a bit warmer I intend to go into the local park and meditate by the lake, in the rain.
  • God is in the rain -evey...v for vendetta
  • I had never seen that movie.. scary.. saw the youtube just now
  • Its just rain.. God's water..
    I thought that rain was the result of clouds being sad so they cried. Thanks for clearing this up for me.