Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Posit: Female equality has a long way to go in Buddhism

13»

Comments

• Ah, sorry. I was so sure it was frederica, things goes a bit fast at time :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    OFF-Topic

You're not alone.

The spelling, including the first 'r' is far more common...but the spelling of my name is originally Italian.
    So normally, in the "English-speaking" world, there WOULD be an 'r' after the initial F. It's a mistake many have made, and that's fine.

Back to topic.

:)
    JoyfulGirl
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited November 2013
    Just my mental trick guys....

We have an Aunt Fede...

not an Aunt Frede..... lololol
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    I just wanna say that I really do try to be friendly and a good listener everywhere I go. My favorite thread on NewBuddhist is samahita's Daily Dhamma Drops, and it always emphasizes friendliness. When I write mischievously (and having gentle fun is what I mean by my mischief) I often forget to triple-check my posts before I post them. I am sorry where I may have offended.

For myself, I have learned to be as indirect as possible with person opining views/stances that I myself cannot see, for the sake of friendliness (which is of the utmost).

I just do not understand why people throw the "prejudiced" stamp around so much in these parts. Maybe some reading in the dictionary might shed some light? Not saying that we don't all have tinted lenses, but to say that somebody else is using his lenses to block out all other light, sticking him in steeped ignorance, is, I believe, going too far.
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    bookworm said:

I used to be Muslim, and I remember when my family and I would go to the mosque on sundays to pray and women would pray on the 1st floor and men prayed on the 2nd floor.

Namaste,

I don't see that as a bad thing at all. When I'm in Shul I prefer to be separate to the men so I can go at my own pace. And meditate.

In metta.
    Rave