Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Rawness of a situation and how to grow from it

I think this vid says it all..........

Shoshin

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

No, it doesn't.
    When posting videos, or links of a video kind, it's usually a requirement that the member posts some short commentary, personal opinion and reasoning behind the posting. Further input is required, otherwise occasionally, we fail to understand the significance.

Thanks
    Moved to 'General Banter'.
    "Advanced Ideas" is a forum in which to discuss difficult passages of the teachings and suttas, any controversial points therein and their interpretation.

Just to let you know! ;) .

bravehawk
  • This has value.

In a sense teachers and sangha can give us similar insights but not so much about our persona or false sense of being but our real self.

Eventually we can treat ourselves with the same objectivity.

What did you get out of it @bravehawk?

• I've been listening to Pema Chodren's (sp?) "When pain is the doorway" talk, and She spoke about how sometimes to deal with certain pains one has to go to the rawest place it dwells and work a way out from there. I know there is "right speech" but the true goes for the opposite. Sometimes, Hearing the right things and actually listening (before reacting) can be a very powerful thing.

I guess this video just spoke to me in that way and I wanted to share :)

• I guess this video just spoke to me in that way and I wanted to share :)

I gets it.

My humble suggestion is starting with the good qualities. Going to the raw and dark places is hard even for those of us who go on picnics to the hell realms. You wouldn't believe what terrible appetites those demons have . . . :wow: .

However you seem to be doing a bit of both. That is a good plan. The interesting thing is we have to work with who we are. A theoretical practice will take us only to theoretical insight. For example whilst you wait for somone to send you a mala in exchange for art or mask, remember the naked Tantrika would use pebbles on the ground as practice counters. That or their best necklace, hair braid etc. Some even used finger counting or mandala touching.

In the modern era there are free mala or counter apps for phones. . . or drawing a circle on paper every ten reps . . .

We too are counting on you to inspire us. Bravo.

:clap:

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited September 2014

I heard her saying something different. It didn't sound like to me she was saying they were saying the 'truth' about things she didn't know about herself....it sounded like her underlying message was to 1. she saw them being haters, and knew it wouldn't be a good place/fit for her....2. It worked out in the end bec she got a good gig....3. Don't hold a grudge againest the haters.

This reminds me of something I TRY to apply to my life....talk about people as if they were listening. It doesn't mean lie and sugar coat things sometimes...but there is a way to say everything....even when saying things people need/should hear.....for whatever reasons.

It sounded like the other women were making personal attacks as opposed to addressing things from the business end....

lobster
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    edited September 2014

To me it sounded as if she heard a lot of things that were possibly hurtful and grew from that.

In A.A. literature we have a line that says "Pain is the touchstone for all spiritual growth."

I try to keep in mind that my alcoholic rock bottom - the one where I was suicidal - was a gift, and it opened up a whole different way of life for me, so when I'm having a tough time, if I have enough mindfulness, I ask myself what is there to be learnt from this situation?

Vastmindlobster
  • @Vastmind said:
    ...talk about people as if they were listening.

a skilful life strategy.

Let me take it a little further. I would suggest all of us, not just @jeffery, have internal often detrimental, conflicted voicing about who we are, what we do and how things should be done. I certainly do.

A big part of awakening is allowing those voices their being but not their 'negative power'. In a sense we have access to demons, angels, fantastic bodhis and assorted internal arisings inside us, that we sit with.

Sit on that cushion. From the people that know you best, your internal people, will come everything you need to hear. Thus do I hear.

:wave: .

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

Demons and bad angels are a channel on the MonkeyMind Network (tm). It takes our cooperation to let them out of the TV . . .

lobsterEarthninja
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@bravehawk said:
    I've been listening to Pema Chodren's (sp?) "When pain is the doorway" talk, and She spoke about how sometimes to deal with certain pains one has to go to the rawest place it dwells and work a way out from there. I know there is "right speech" but the true goes for the opposite. Sometimes, Hearing the right things and actually listening (before reacting) can be a very powerful thing.

I guess this video just spoke to me in that way and I wanted to share :)

>

Thank you for adding... :) .