Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just Awe

EarthninjaEarthninja WandererWest Australia Veteran

Hey guys!

Just wanted to say I love you all. <3
Here we are on this spinning planet around a bright fiery ball. Simply amazing beyond belief.
Wow.

Namaste

yagrsilverVastmindWalkerShoshinpegembarammoCinorjerDavidrohitnakazcidMichaelMasoEllis

Comments

• W O W

LOVE U ALL

Earthninja
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited September 2015

Or are we just organic bio spheres for bacteria and virus to explore existence with?

Consciousness being little more than a self sustaining maintenance program for the cruise liner?

Buddhism as a sub routine to offer some evolutionary diversity?

Ships programmed to be physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually self sealing through hostile environments?

• EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

@how said:
    Or are we just organic bio spheres for bacteria and virus to explore existence with?

Consciousness being little more than a self sustaining maintenance program for the cruise liner?

Buddhism as a sub routine to offer some evolutionary diversity?

Ships programmed to be physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually self sealing through hostile environments?

Or a total dynamic indescribable way the universe experiences itself. The mind reels as it tries to make sense of everything. But there is just this... Incredible dance going on. <3

• howhow Veteran Veteran

I'm still looking for my sunglasses.

Earthninja
  • I love you too, dude! <3

WalkerEarthninjammo
  • Shock and Awe. Buddha bomb!

We iz viral host, luvved up and in a spin ...

Who could 'av planned?

Earthninja
  • awwww....can I join and say... how sweet of you! Wishing you a happy & healthy weekend <3

Earthninjammo
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Group hug !!!!!! Bring it in everyone.... =)

lobsterEarthninjasilvermmo
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

Yay!! Group ****hugs**** you guys rock,

silver
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Love is addictive @Earthninja ...It's a drug

Earthninjarohit
  • Aw, garsh! I missed the group hug. But I did get in some after-hugs.

@federica said:
    Mom! MO-O-O-M!! Earthninja has been at the sweet sherry again!!

And why not? Sweet cherry all around!

Oh, that's right!! In Western Australia they can actually see the stars at night! Wonder of wonders!

Earthninja
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Lionduck said: Oh, that's right!! In Western Australia they can actually see the stars at night! Wonder of wonders!

Sheer luxury!

WalkerEarthninja
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Speaking of star-gazing... lunar eclipse happening Sunday night.

bookwormEarthninja

@Walker said: Speaking of star-gazing... lunar eclipse happening Sunday night.

Yes, not sure if I'll stay awake for it though - starting at about 1am in the UK?

Yes

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I'll be up. No work on Sunday. Yipeeeeee!!

silverEarthninjaWalker
  • We may not be able to see the stars in these parts, but a lunar eclipse - OH BOY!

EarthninjaWalkerrohitDavid
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

Woah, the moon is really blood red.

EarthninjaWalker

Not that spectacular here. Too much light pollution maybe. Still neat to see though.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

It looks 'dusty' -- not so reddish. It's lower in the sky so there's a couple of trees that's blocking my view from the best window in the house to see it from.

bookworm
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited September 2015

Cloudy here. Couldn't see a thing. :angry: we're pouting as we stomp up the driveway.

Now it looks more like a gemstone rather then a moon.

rohit
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@Vastmind said:
    Cloudy here. Couldn't see a thing. :angry: we're pouting as we stomp up the driveway.

Same.

edited September 2015

Actually, the moon looks more like a dark pearl.

silver
  • It looked like cloud cover would close the show down when the Moon emerged in full eclipse. I found all your descriptions accurate. Seeing it through partial cloud cover gave it a kind of dusty look as well.
    It then vanished behind the clouds only to reemerge later as a bright Moon in partial eclipse. It was beautiful in both modes. <3

Peace to all

bookworm
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited September 2015

As the moon rose higher above the trees and the eclipse was starting to pass, it was quite clear by then. Crystal. Then some whispy clouds moved in and made a rusty red halo around the moon and it was beautiful.

Vastmind
    edited September 2015

I was looking at the moon through a telescope last year, surprised at how many craters there actually are, it's had a real battering - I assume because there is no atmosphere to burn up the meteors?

• It's also because Earth has weather and geological processes that gradually erode the craters. There is a massive one in the Gulf of Mexico, I think, that was only discovered fairly recently and is thought to have been responsible for a mass extinction.

edited September 2015

@Susanna said:> It's also because Earth has weather and geological processes that gradually erode the craters.

Yes, good point, that's a big factor. I admit I quite like those Hollywood disaster movies about meteors. ;)

By the way, there may be Martians after all....
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mars-gets-more-habitable-water-discovery-scientists-111404655.html#Hfs4uSp

• Maybe so, but there is no ice cream, tea, coffee or scones. :o
    If life is found on Mars you can bet PETA will be sending a rep. ;)

Peace to all

@Lionduck said:> Maybe so, but there is no ice cream, tea, coffee or scones. :o

I bet Starbucks will be opening a Martian outlet before very long. ;)

• They're working on the contract right now. B):3

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised, you know, I really wouldn't.

Don't forget the Hubble telescope!

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/wallpaper/pr2006010a/

edited October 2015

I watched a TV documentary on multi-verses recently. It's mind boggling stuff, particularly the quantum multi-verse where reality is continually splitting as we make choices. Another possibility is that there are an infinite number of universes "surrounding" our one, some of which will be very similar to ours. Or our universe is just one small bubble in something much infinitely large.
    Apparently there is growing support for the idea of infinite space, which would mean our observable universe ( approx. 90 billion light years in diameter ) is just a tiny fraction of what is "out there". The first formless jhana is the experience of infinite space, but that might just be a spooky co-incidence. ;)

Earthninja
  • High fives!

Earthninja