Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

They are building a temple

CarlitaCarlita Om Vajrasattva HumUnited States Veteran

I finally had a chance to go to a Dharma talk and meditation class. It's Tibetan Buddhism. I found out they are building a temple nearby and will have retreats, ceremonies, talks, and general events etc. I have time to attend weekly talks. We are going through Lam Rim. There are purification day retreats coming up I can go to.

Finally I can be involved in all three Jewels.

Anyway, thats my blub for tonight. Later folks.

JeffreyBunksShoshinlobsterKeromepersonDavidSnakeskinLee82

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Great news @Carlita! When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. ..

ShoshinCarlita
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

sounds like you'll have much to look forward to. Nice!

Carlita
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 6

OM MANI PEME HUM (ay caramba)

Perfect. How wonderful (Eh Ma Ho) <3
    Maybe there will be homework ...
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/tib/

Carlita
  • CarlitaCarlita Om Vajrasattva Hum United States Veteran

Thank you guys! @Bunks I kept asking myself about needing a teacher. They are still reconstructing the temple. I hope I can go to the chanting event this saturday and learn more about it. @lobster thanks for the articles. I have a look see. @silver I will.

Bunks
  • federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

If you know anything about workmen, you'll know the way to keep them sweet and working to task, is to ply them with plenty of hot tea or coffee, and lots of chocolate biscuits.... Whenever I had workmen of any kind at my house, I always joked that the most important thing I wanted form them was whether they took sugar or not.... But the work always got completed in super-quick time, and it was always well done too...

Just a hint....!

image image

• I like that federica. Give them caffeine to unleash their super skills!

lobstersilver

Hey. I let yall know how the Vajrana Ceremony tomorrow Sarurday. Its an all day event and Im counting my fingers and toes. =)

• KeromeKerome Love, love is mystery The Continent Veteran

If they are going to talk about the Lam Rim there will certainly be some reading to be done. Great news @Carlita that you’ll have a temple near you soon.

Carlita

Yep. Have another question. I took precepts at a Vietnamese Zen monastary. Would itn appropriopriate to wear the blue robe at a tibetan ceremony? I dont know how informal it would be but In told to wear it infront of monastics during ceremony. Since the two are different sects, its probably opinional.

• NMADDPNMADDP SUN Diego, California Explorer

@Carlita, in my opinion, I think it is ok that you can wear blue robe.

Base what I hear from Master Haitao.
    Master Haitao, he is Mahayana monk, but he also a student of the Tibetan 17th Karmapa.
    The 17th Karmapa told Master Haitao that he does not have to wear the Tibetan monk robe, since he was originally ordained in Mahayana tradition.

Below is video of Master Haitao at a Tibetan Center in UK, that he is wearing the Mahayana tradition monk robe.

"Venerable Master Hai Tao at the Buddhist Community Centre UK"

A Mi Tuo Fo

Carlitapaulyso

@NMADDP said:
    @Carlita, in my opinion, I think it is ok that you can wear blue robe.

Base what I hear from Master Haitao.
    Master Haitao, he is Mahayana monk, but he also a student of the Tibetan 17th Karmapa.
    The 17th Karmapa told Master Haitao that he does not have to wear the Tibetan monk robe, since he was originally ordained in Mahayana tradition.

Below is video of Master Haitao at a Tibetan Center in UK, that he is wearing the Mahayana tradition monk robe.

"Venerable Master Hai Tao at the Buddhist Community Centre UK"

A Mi Tuo Fo

Hmm. Im readin up on empowerment and it says it means initiation to practice with a given deity. Since anyone is invited can people take empowerment without the precepts?

On my way to the ceremony now! Real metta folks.

The ceremony was beautiful! It was a ceremony for Buddha Vajrasattva.
    The ceremony last from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We all received empowerment from all the buddhas and bodhisattvas. Then we went through The Four Opponent Powers of Purification. Each of us had been individually blessed by Vajrasattva.

Too much to put in words. There's a half retreat tomorrow of more visualization practices and blessings from Vajrasattva. Weekly classes of Lam Rim and other classes and rituals at the temple and various centers they have as well.

You can read more here Vajrasattva Sadhana

Cheerios!

Shoshinlobster