Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Gift of the Heart Sutra, Korean Seon Chanting.

CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
edited April 2011 in Meditation
If I do this right, I have a gift for you. This is a link to an audio file of Korean Buddhist (Seon) chanting with sticks keeping time. It's the Heart Sutra. It's an easy five minutes long. If you're feeling up to it, find a quiet few minutes, sit up straight and try meditating to it. Then when it's finished, take a deep breath, and let us know the first impression.

http://www.kwanumzen.org/2011/heart-sutra-in-english/

Comments

• seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    It's on youtube too! :)

And most of the rest are on there too. :)

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Five minutes for the Heart Sutra??? I learned it in Japanese (never did memorize the English version) and it couldn't take more than a couple of minutes, tops...it's a relatively short chant.
  • I suppose I could chant it in less time. I'm used to a pretty slow beat in Seon. The youtube version here has a pretty loud beat on a hollow wooden drum. I prefer the lighter sticks when meditating like on the Kwan Um site. But that's just personal taste. People can listen to both and tell us which one, if any, they prefer.