Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

This is test.

edited January 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
Do not be alarmed. This is only a test.

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Thank Goodness!

I almost ran shrieking from my desk.

But now that I think about it, running around the office shrieking does sound like a good idea.

BRB.

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    This test shall reveal.:mullet:
  • edited January 2006
    The odd title bar can be left blank.
  • edited January 2006
    Hey bee,

Isn't buddhafoot delicious? :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    BeeBuddy, once you've gone through and played with all the possible permutations, tick boxes and controls....
    Welcome to our site! Nice to meet you!

How's it going?
  • edited January 2006
    Kow,

Personally I love it, but I thought you were vegetarian!:wow:

Edit: apparently the edit function does not allow the "title bar" thingy on top to be be tampered with.
  • edited January 2006
    Federica,

Everything's downright dandy. Thanks for asking.
  • edited January 2006
    Deliciously funny. :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Do I take it that you two (BeeBuddy & Kowtaaia) are acquaintances...?

The more the merrier... after a while, we all are anyway!
  • edited January 2006
    You take it rightly. However, any and all responsibility for his presence and the content of his posts, is hereby disavowed. :)
  • edited January 2006
    You sly dog.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2006
    WELCOME ABOARD, WE LIKES BEES!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA

TWO BUDDHAS MEETING IN A FOREST, THEY JEST LAUGH.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA H!!!!

:thumbsup:
    ----
  • edited January 2006
    Are other insects thought as highly of?
    edited January 2006
    Providing they are not 'boring' insects...!!
    Welcome Termite.... This may look like a Buddhist Forum... But I'm beginning to have my doubts!
    Nice to have you join us anyway!!
  • edited January 2006
    :buck: Ah Termite the chair. You're late young man.
  • edited January 2006
    ""Are other insects thought as highly of?""

They are by a select few. I'm sure that will change soon enough.:cheer:
  • edited January 2006
    Thanks for the welcome!:mullet:
  • edited January 2006
    ""This may look like a Buddhist Forum...""

Phew!:winkc:
  • edited January 2006
    You're late young man

Not "young," but fortunately not "late" just yet! ;)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Aren't you related to "Adam and The Ants"?....
  • edited January 2006
    You must be thinking of Aunt Bea. ;)
  • edited January 2006
    termite wrote:
    Not "young," but fortunately not "late" just yet! ;)

And this from a chair no less. :rockon:
    edited January 2006
    This is some form of two-way Zen Koan right...?
    In that case, I shall stay silent oh Master, and hope I don't get thwacked with the big stick.....
  • edited January 2006
    And this from a chair no less. :rockon:

Just don't sit too hard on that left hind leg, mind you. :burp:
  • edited January 2006
    Termitenator,

:poke: Here's a snack.

edit: odd. the little stick pokey guy didn't show up. Thus there is no snack for Termitenator.
    edited January 2006
    It's a crying shame that smiley don't work... The times I coulda dun with it...!! :lol:
  • edited January 2006
    Does this forum use UBB or HTML code?
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Hi, again, beebuddy! I've enjoyed your posts. Thanks for staying around a day and helping us get roused to start baling water off this sinking ship called Western Civilisation. Sorry, if that seems far-fetched, but I believe our civilisation is badly off kilter, and that Buddhist thought and practice will be of great benefit to our woes.

Brian or someone can tell you about whether this site uses UBB. HTML code is an option you can check in a box. You can send Brian (The Duke of Nothingham) a Private Message, by either looking for his name under members list at top of forum and clicking on Send a Private Message on the right in red, or finding one of his posts and clicking on his name in that.

Nirvana
    "curious worker bee"
    ALL THAT ISN'T SINGING IS MERE TALKING AND ALL TALKING'S TALKING TO ONESELF.
    --e.e. cummings
  • edited January 2006
    Is there any way to change the default font color and size globally? It's so small and low contrast that it causes eyestrain to these old eyes. No can see.
    edited January 2006
    This question has been asked before, By SimonThe Pilgrim.... Who has been curiously quiet for a few days....Hmmmmm.... But I believe you have to click font colour and size each time....
    Ask Brian or Matt, Site Owner and 'SuperModerator' respectively.....(*Highlights, selects size "2"*)
  • edited January 2006
    termite wrote:
    Is there any way to change the default font color and size globally? It's so small and low contrast that it causes eyestrain to these old eyes. No can see.

Globally, there doesn't seem to be. God bless Federica and anyone else that posts in font size 2. They also don't have a debate board and there are MANY statements on this forum that are false and need to be challenged.
    edited January 2006
    kowtaaia wrote:
    .... there are MANY statements on this forum that are false and need to be challenged.

Seems to be qite a forceful statement....
    Feel free to go ahead and highlight and challenge....
  • edited January 2006
    Shall we start with the spagetti squash recipes?
    edited January 2006
    OK, I'll play... What about them...?
  • edited January 2006
    You're funny.:)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited January 2006
    kowtaaia wrote:
    Globally, there doesn't seem to be. God bless Federica and anyone else that posts in font size 2. They also don't have a debate board and there are MANY statements on this forum that are false and need to be challenged.

I would love you to start a "challenge" thread, if Fede and Brian allow it. If there are, as you say, Kowtaaia, MANY statements to challenge, why not entitle the thread(s) "CHALLENGE" and we'll know it is disputational?
  • edited January 2006
    I would love you to start a "challenge" thread, if Fede and Brian allow it. If there are, as you say, Kowtaaia, MANY statements to challenge, why not entitle the thread(s) "CHALLENGE" and we'll know it is disputational?

It needs to be a section, not just a thread. Where does the thread go? Here's the problem. Say you read something on the BUDDHISM 101 board that's ridiculous, ignorant trash, founded on inattention. (strong enough?) Rather than challenge the 'r-i-t' there, it would be "better" to say well this statement is r-i-t and let's debate it, you know where. It's just an idea.
    edited January 2006
    * Whether Brian opens a separate forum specifically devoted to Discussions and Debates, or whether the above option is chosen, I really don't mind.
    But I think it extremely important to be even more mindful of language, terminology and content, and to be skillful with regard to our attitude towards others.
    As I have said before, (so I apologise for the repetition) there are no hard-and-fast Forum Rules, Regulations or Guidelines, because people are expected to be mature, considerate and adult enough to do the above for themselves. so I guess observation of what you know to be right, applies.
    Everyone is probably familiar with other fora, and aware of their Rules, Reg's and Guidelines. Everyone here is, I'm sure, aware of what constitutes 'Right Everything'.
    So: providing people are Mindful and Skillful...
    game on - !! *

Tell you what - I'll post something in the 'Staff Forum and Discussions' where my colleagues and I talk about you all behind your backs!:wow: :lol:
    I'll see if I can get something concrete from Brian.... :)
  • edited January 2006
    Thank you, mother.:)
    edited January 2006
    No problem. Now wash your hands before eating your spaghetti squash, then do your homework.

Already.
  • edited January 2006
    You're easy to love.
    edited January 2006
    Ah, you flatterer! Maybe you're easy to kid....! ;) You don't get out of homework that easy! :lol:
  • edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    This question has been asked before, By SimonThe Pilgrim.... Who has been curiously quiet for a few days....Hmmmmm.... But I believe you have to click font colour and size each time....
    Ask Brian or Matt, Site Owner and 'SuperModerator' respectively.....(*Highlights, selects size "2"*)

The problem is legibility when reading, obviously. The gray font color that displays in one's browser is too low a contrast for those with vision problems. Most browsers allow enlarging the font manually, but there's no way to change the color at the browser level.

Some Bulletin Board systems allow some personal choice in the display. If this forum software doesn't permit that, it will limit the ability of certain posters (including this one) to participate. The gray is just too hard to see. :(
  • edited January 2006
    The gray is just too hard to see.

It only takes a few seconds and now you have no excuse.:)
  • edited January 2006
    How about a Spagetti Squash PIE Kow! ;) Hello Kow,Termie,ZM :)
  • edited January 2006
    termite,

Now you'll know who doesn't care if you read their posts. :)
  • edited January 2006
    Got it?
  • edited January 2006
    How about a Spagetti Squash PIE Kow! ;) Hello Kow,Termie,ZM :)

(Shhh it's a secret from termite.) That sounds interesting. What at first appeared to be a burnt and ruined squash, turned into something quite splendid.
  • edited January 2006
    SPAGHETTI SQUASH PIE

1 med. spaghetti squash
    2 unbaked 9 inch pie crust or shells
    1 1/2 c. sugar
    1 tbsp. cornstarch
    1/2 c. butter, melted
    4 eggs yolks, beaten
    1 c. milk
    2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp. salt
    Whipped cream (optional)

Cook squash in large pot with 2 inches salted water 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp tender turn after 10 minutes to cook evenly. Drain and set aside to cool. Using a fork, remove seeds and discard. Continue using fork, remove spaghetti like strands from inside squash. Place half of squash strands in each pastry shell. Spread evenly over bottom. Combine remaining ingredients except whipped cream. Mix well. Pour half of milk mixture over strands in each pastry shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set. Serve warm or cool. Top with whipped cream if desired. Makes 2 pies.
    May be used in place of coconut in pie or cake. Fun vegetable

:thumbsup:
  • edited January 2006
    That IS interesting. Every thread is "Anything goes", eh?