Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Change Your Mind Day 2006

ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
edited January 2006 in Sanghas
Hello all,

Hope everyone is happy and healthy in this new year. sorry for my absence..work has been a bit busier than I'd like for it to be!

I wanted to let everyone know about Tricycle's Change Your Mind Day for 2006. It'll be held on June 3rd in cities across the country. I'm personally organizing one in my city! You can check out our new web site at http://www.changeyourmindgainesville.info

You can check Tricycle's web site to see if there's one in your area. I don't think the listing page is complete, but should be soon. If not, organize your own! This is my first year doing it, but I can help in anyway possible. Here's the site:

http://www.tricycle.com/foundation/change.html

Peace,

ZL

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Good to see you back, ZL. June 3rd, eh, to change our minds. Once a year is not nearly often enough for me: I try to practice good mind hygiene, which requires daily changing, like socks. LOL

• edited January 2006
    Hi Zen! Was wondering where you had been! Good to see you back here.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Good to see you back, ZL. June 3rd, eh, to change our minds. Once a year is not nearly often enough for me: I try to practice good mind hygiene, which requires daily changing, like socks. LOL

To have a mind like socks... one on the floor, the other in the laundry basket....?!?:crazy: :D

Welcome back ZL!!
  • edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    To have a mind like socks... one on the floor, the other in the laundry basket....?!?:crazy: :D

or in my case, with lots of holes in them ! :crazy:
  • edited January 2006
    If minds are like socks - do you get new ones every Christmas?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    And if minds are like socks do half of them disappear into the dryer?
    edited January 2006
    Yes to all the above.

Are you beginning to see now?

The secret doctrine was revealed the day the first knitter turned a heel! Thus, too, have I heard that the World-Honoured One, under the Tree of Enlightenment, banished Mara and all the temptations with the ancient mantra: "Put a sock in it!"

• edited January 2006
    *thunk* (sound of Knitwitch's needles hitting the floor) Coo er! someone finally got onto MY subject!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Hey! I think I'm going to do this.

Well...

Nah... no I'm not.

Wait! Did I just use my turn?

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    And if minds are like socks do half of them disappear into the dryer?

Brigid,

My socks and especially my daughter's socks get "eaten" by the sock monster in either the dryer or the washing machine on a pretty regular basis! LOL! Sometimes, I wonder if my mind suffers the same fate at times! LOL!

Adiana:wavey: :usflag:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Simon, do you happen to know if there are any planned in the UK? All I got was America, Alaska and Australia.... no follow-on page or further news... :wtf:
  • ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
    edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    Simon, do you happen to know if there are any planned in the UK? All I got was America, Alaska and Australia.... no follow-on page or further news... :wtf:

Fed,

Thanks for re-focusing this topic!

I don't think the entire list is up yet. You can email Larry at cym@tricycle.com to get more info. You could always plan your own, as well!

Oh, and Alaska IS in America, just the the lower 48 states ;)
  • edited January 2006
    ZenLunatic wrote:
    Hello all,

Hope everyone is happy and healthy in this new year. sorry for my absence..work has been a bit busier than I'd like for it to be!

I wanted to let everyone know about Tricycle's Change Your Mind Day for 2006. It'll be held on June 3rd in cities across the country. I'm personally organizing one in my city! You can check out our new web site at http://www.changeyourmindgainesville.info

You can check Tricycle's web site to see if there's one in your area. I don't think the listing page is complete, but should be soon. If not, organize your own! This is my first year doing it, but I can help in anyway possible. Here's the site:

http://www.tricycle.com/foundation/change.html

Peace,

ZL

Good to hear from you, too! In fact, I have been away myself. Now that the holidays are behind me and I am about done with school, maybe I can catch up!

I heard about Change Your Mind Day and I went to the website. Thanks for the reminder.

Adiana:type:
    edited January 2006
    Fede,

Can't find anything here, yet. There may be reasons:

* We are too lazy to get our act together.

* We have abandoned mind.

* We are British and don't see why we should change our minds for anyone.

We can but wait and see.