Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

what's your life's project (the non-buddhist part)

VincenziVincenzi Veteran
edited June 2011 in General Banter
:)

Comments

• robotrobot Veteran
    Work on my sailing skills so I can retire to life of ocean voyaging.
  • @robot

that's a nice project.

mine is to have a life that allows me to advance creative projects (mostly art, literature, music and design).
  • robotrobot Veteran
    @robot

that's a nice project.

mine is to have a life that allows me to advance creative projects (mostly art, literature, music and design).
    You are fortunate to have the opportunity to live a creative life. I have worked hard to give my kids a chance to choose careers other than physical work in harvesting or extracting resource industries.
  • @robot

I try... this new era will need some creative solutions and creativity in general.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited June 2011
    I think this won't stay the same for each of our whole lives. I want to do some small things, but a big goal is to learn many programming skills and get my own website online where I can have a mental wellness and illness center: info, bulletin board, pen pal, alternative therapies, blog and inspirations, and advertisements donating to mental health america or national association for the research of schizophrenia and depression
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    :)
    Can you give some examples of what "non-buddhist" might mean?

• @genkaku

basically anything that isn't practiced mainly to become a buddha.
  • I intend on spending more effort at work, helping the students I work with, I will complete my degree at the same time, and will eventually complete my teaching certificate. I will then go on to teach special needs students. I am considering having another child with my partner. I also want to see my son grow up well (and continue to work on this.
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    @genkaku

basically anything that isn't practiced mainly to become a buddha.
    @Vincenzi ... I see what you are getting at, and, for a while, it makes some sense. But I think that Buddhism is probably better thought of as what might be called a "whole-life" practice and there isn't a single breath or a single peanut butter and jelly sandwich that isn't part and parcel of our Buddhist efforts.
  • aka what do you do when you aren't meditating, and what are your hopes for the future?
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited June 2011
    I'd like to teach meditation to teens, gang affected youth, or other young people who want to learn to tame their mind :om: Also I want to go back to school and get a degree in religious studies.

Ideally I'd like to become enlightened :)
  • H,mm, my list is varied and I know some may happen and some may not despite my effort.

So I want to be trilingual, teach meditation to Spanish speakers, own a little house, spend a summer at South Haven just writing, finish all my novel ideas, be a good friend and partner with my boyfriend, crochet rugs out of used plastic bags (okay I have done that one), and I think that is all I can recall right now.
  • @AHeerdt

why only spanish speakers?
  • Hmm, not only Spanish speakers however it is an idea of mine. It stems from my background in an independant Catholic church and a desire to show that meditation does not need to mean you cannot be Christian. I think in any religion or lack thereof it is important to spend time 'listening' as well as 'talking (praying)'. And I live and work in areas that are largely Spanish speaking after all.
  • @AHeerdt

I think meditation counts as buddhist...
  • Finishing school, paying off my debt, then being able to work just enough to have time and money to travel abroad as much as I can in order to help those who don't have access to health care (using the skills acquired above). I want to live as simply as I can and try to help those who have nothing.
  • spend a summer at South Haven just writing
    South Haven - in Michigan? Great place to do that! Good peaches in the summertime, too. Can't beat a nice juicy Red Haven peach! :)
  • I am halfway to South Haven right now! I am in Iowa with my grandma (drove from Colorado this morning) The family is meeting there for a week at the beach (and they promised me some writing time)