Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

enso

VincenziVincenzi Veteran
edited July 2011 in Arts & Writings
an old enso I made.
ink

Comments

• GuyCGuyC Veteran
    Niiiice!
  • VincenziVincenzi Veteran
    edited July 2011
  • Gotta love an enso! I love the little streaks and blotches of ink the brush creates along the edges. Gives each enso it's own personality.
  • VincenziVincenzi Veteran
    edited July 2011
    @Paradox

indeed, I made the painting originally for a logo design... then knew it was an enso.

after reading the few information on wiki, it seems that Zen monks draw one as a diary.
  • AmeliaAmelia Veteran
    I was working on one a few weeks ago that was in colors. It was beautiful until I went one color too far... :werr:
  • @Amelia

I think ensos are supposed to be black only... but a multicolored one is a nice idea.
  • DaozenDaozen Veteran
    Lovely.
  • AmeliaAmelia Veteran
    @Amelia

I think ensos are supposed to be black only... but a multicolored one is a nice idea.
    Haha, "supposed to"... :rolleyes:

"Don't worry so much about 'supposed to'."
  • My suggestion probably to attempt enso on videoing a lit incense stick. It will depict the process more conspicuously from the starting point to its ending pointing. And its place have to be totally darken, no lighting, only a dot of lit incense stick, forming an enso :thumbsup:
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    @Vincenzi Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your art. I had never considered making some on my own but now I'm intrigued! I looked up some books on Amazon and I put Zen Brushwork: Focusing the Mind with Calligraphy and Painting on my wishlist... HINT HINT (kidding) :nyah:
    Haha, "supposed to"... :rolleyes:

"Don't worry so much about 'supposed to'."
    @Amelia Yes :thumbup: A rainbow enso would be awesome!