Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Different Forms of Meditation?

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited July 2011 in Meditation
Heh, so, I'm kind of confused. What is all this aspihiana and vispanani and kundaliwhat meditation all about? All I know is Zazen - simply, just sitting. That's pretty much all I know. Kundalini meditation sounds interesting, but there doesn't seem to be any websites out there (at least, that I've found) that explain how to do the stuff in just plain English. Anyone care to help? Any sites out there that show/teach/tell about different forms of meditation?

Comments

• taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    kundalini meditation deals with the energetic chakra systems, which is something clay and i have been playing around with.

other meditations usually deal with developing concentration or mindfulness, which is a highly focused awareness.
    ultimately the goal is to be able to sit and see clearly because from that insight/realizations naturally arise.
    if you're interested in mindfulness meditation: check out gils fronsdale's intro to mindfulness meditation on zen cast.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    So how is that Kundalini working out for you and good ol' TJ? What typically do you do? Experiences?
  • taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    we've been working on unifying the seven chakra centers and fully embodying beingness. we've been playing with the sense of oneness and also being able to quickly manifest through vibrations.

it's interesting stuff, you should talk to clay he's much more descriptive than i will ever be. it's all about feel man.
  • VincenziVincenzi Veteran
    edited July 2011
    I don't mind using chakra and prana concepts while meditating... but kundalini hasn't worked that smoothly with me; because kundalini awakenings can be really tiring.

this may be interesting:
    http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/

the brahma viharas (it is on wiki) are a more smooth experience.
  • we've been working on unifying the seven chakra centers and fully embodying beingness. we've been playing with the sense of oneness and also being able to quickly manifest through vibrations.

it's interesting stuff, you should talk to clay he's much more descriptive than i will ever be. it's all about feel man.
    Hi taiyaki.
    What do you mean by "quickly manifest thru vibrations"?
  • taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    edited July 2011
    bringing consciousness to the energetic body then using the vibrations from energetic body to bridge mind > heart > being or physical to non physical in all aspects. from the lowest frequencies to the highest frequencies.

then from there manifesting thoughts, feelings and actions that vibrate with what you desire, which in turns brings you back to your natural state of being, which is bliss.

so from the natural state you manifest desires to bring you in touch with yourself. it's like there is fabric and we concentrate on the details of the fabric without realizing we are the fabric itself.

so through our abandoning our conditioning, we create a new conditioning that corresponds directly with what perfection is.this perfection is aligned with everyone elses view of perfection.

thus we quickly manifest in reality starting from changing our subjectivity on all levels of being (mind, heart, gut) and syncing them all so that the external will completely reflect the internal. and vice versa.

but these are things a friend and i are playing with. nothing concrete.

essentially there is no difference between dreaming and waking life. both are the same. everything was once a thought and then manipulated in physical reality. so we're learning how to bridge the gap between what we think and what is manifested.
  • sounds like a very good practice! I should try myself too...
  • taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    yeah man change how you think, feel and what you believe. that is your conditioning. if you change that then you change how you see the world through your subjective lens.

all up to you!
  • Ok I read something very interesting one day, I can't remember what website it was...It says, you are either in self hypnosis or in meditation. Your daily life is hypnosis, you read, watch, work, talk etc. Anything you do you are constantly hypnotised by thougths. And there is meditation. You just do nothing, no manifestations, no thoughts, simply let it be...so according to this article, there is only one meditation and the rest are hypnosis.
  • Ok I read something very interesting one day, I can't remember what website it was...It says, you are either in self hypnosis or in meditation. Your daily life is hypnosis, you read, watch, work, talk etc. Anything you do you are constantly hypnotised by thougths. And there is meditation. You just do nothing, no manifestations, no thoughts, simply let it be...so according to this article, there is only one meditation and the rest are hypnosis.
    _/\_