Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Levels of Consciousness

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited September 2011 in Buddhism Today
We are all resonating at different levels of consciousness. What this means is that our overall state of mind in conscious Reality is not necessarily the same as another person. In fact, it most likely will be different. These levels of consciousness are largely evident through emotions displayed by people and how they deal with day-to-day situations that arise. The most monumental research concerning levels of consciousness and their calibrations is Dr. David Hawkins, who with the help of kinesiology, collected data for over 20 years that was extremely exhaustive and gave enough information in order to create a depiction of the different levels of consciousness human beings go through during their time here on earth. Since quantifying enables humans to somewhat better understand the unquantifiable, a consciousness scale had been developed by Dr. Hawkins going from 0-1000. The scale is logarithmic in nature, meaning that a number like 200 is not double that of 100 but actually much higher. The scale he created starts at zero and theoretically goes to infinity but Hawkins has narrowed it down to be 0-1000, where 1000 signifies the highest attainable level for a physical human being without succumbing to fatal ills.

Calibration Level of Consciousness Rate of Happiness (%)
20 Shame 1
30 Guilt 4
50 Apathy 5
75 Grief 9
100 Fear 10
125 Desire 10
150 Anger 12
175 Pride 22
200 Courage 55
250 Neutrality 60
310 Willingness 68
350 Acceptance 71
400 Reason 79
500 Love 89
540 Joy 96
600 Peace 100
700-849 Self-Realization 100
850-1000 Enlightenment 100

Much more at:

http://peaceandloveism.com/wiki/index.php?title=Levels_of_Consciousness

Comments

• I don't believe the complexities of human consciousness can so easily be reduced to a single number.

Namaste
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    I don't believe the complexities of human consciousness can so easily be reduced to a single number.

Namaste
    ;)

• of course it cant, i think its just making it a little bit easier to understand and the complexities of it
  • *GASP!* Vajraheart is back!! :clap: How've you been?
  • There's a message in one of the other posts to say that its his wife.
  • Only that one message is his wife, as far as we know.
  • I personally feel like calculating levels of consciousness is a wasteful pursuit. I believe consciousness is binary - either you are, or you aren't.