Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

As a Buddhist, what should be our response to terrorism?

2»

Comments

• shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    best idea I've ever heard: stop participating in it, and pay massive reparations to for lack of a better word atm, undue the damage done.
    hi jll,

"As a Buddhist, what should be our response to terrorism?"

As Buddhists, we should refrain from terrorism.

The Buddha gave the gift of fearlessness, which is the exact opposite of terrorism. Give the gift of fearlessness by keeping the five precepts so that other beings do not have to be afraid of you.

We cannot control the evil actions of others, but we do have some influence over our own actions, so we should purify those first.

Metta,

Guy
    there ya go, missed that one
    Todd, I still don't see where you've offered a solution. To me you just keep saying you don't like or approve of war. That's not a solution.

And, keep in mind that after 9/11, the US didn't just nuke Afghanistan or any other country. Yes, we went to war...very selectively.
    I heard they bombed them and told them they won't stop until they overturn their po litical leadership, which killed many innocent people, and according to Amnesty International put millions at risk of starvation. Which was all illegal.

And my friend got back from Afghanistan and told me they didn't make a dent in the Taliban.

Which ties into how I also heard it wasn't even a "war-aim" to get rid of the Taliban. Just take over the country politically and militarily.
  • >As a Buddhist, what should be our response to terrorism?

Don't do it. Call the cops if you believe someone else is about to do it.
  • Holy Bible has been in the mind of most Americans but does it truly reform the heart to its equal Holiness of love as God's creation, and by nature God.
  • Holy Bible has been in the mind of most Americans, and if it sincerely reforms the heart to its equal Holiness of love as God's creation, that all beings are God, the innocent would not suffer as greatly. Or is it God's will as claim then American should be governed in the policy of loving-kindness and compassion instead of political interest.