Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dharma the Cat

2»

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Good point, BF. I have also known quite a few people like that as well, and I am sure I have been guilty of doing that to people in my life!

Simon, I am not sure what you mean by "which one would you rather be"?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I would prefer to be the adulterer.

Buddha teaches that we need to nourish our sensual pleasures and give into them at a moments notice.

Plus, I really like boobies.

-bf
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2006
    YM,

Would you rather be a child, rejoicing in the beauty of the day, even though it may mean that you trip over arbitrary rules made by someone else, or a cat who sticks to the path and so does not notice the wonder of all that is?

Now that's what I call a loaded question!
    edited February 2006
    Oh... I guess I was way off the mark answering THAT question.

No matter - I still like boobies.

-bf
    edited February 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Oh... I guess I was way off the mark answering THAT question.

No matter - I still like boobies.

-bf

I think you got it exactly, BF - and I agree about boobies!
  • edited February 2006
    That's enough talk about boobies. If you keep it up, I will start talking about wee-wee's again.

Indeed..that is a loaded question, Simon! I think I would rather be the child in that situation!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    You boys are boobies! lol. That's a fun word to type. Boobies. What a sweet word. Ooh, it's even funner to say!

(Ten minutes later...)

I think I'd like to be Dharma because I don't want to get high, I want to get level. What goes up must come down, which is suffering. I've had enough suffering and disappointment. I want to see reality by staying on the path. I've fallen over enough signs for this lifetime. I still see the wonder, like Dharma, but I don't want to get overexcited by it or attach any positive attributes to it that don't really exist. I really want to see with a clear eye. And as much as it doesn't show, I really want to grow up. lol I feel like the carnival ride I've been on all my life is finally slowing down and soon I'll be able to jump off onto solid ground. Dharma and I don't LIKE carnival rides. :eek2:

Love,
    Brigid

P.S. Yogamama, I LOVE your new avatar. That's your beautiful baby, isn't it?
    edited February 2006
    Brigid...

10 minutes later!?!?!!?

What happened in those ten minutes with the boobies!?!?!!? I feel like I'm in Watergate all over - missing 10 minutes of something... very important...

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    ROTFLMAO!

You phrased that brilliantly!! Peeing pants again...
  • edited February 2006
    I second that with Yogamama...
    That's a good question Simon...
    In an other thread (Shivers) I pointed out that children have a natural incliination to comfort each other, their compassion and loving kindnesss evident...I see it everyday.

It saddens me to think that eventually they may loose this because of societies 'rules', expectations, etc.

All that sad, I think I'd rather be the cat...(as I have behaved like him before) because I NOW know the difference and am enjoying those simple things all over again...
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    P.S. Yogamama, I LOVE your new avatar. That's your beautiful baby, isn't it?

Yes, that is my little angel! That's her 3 year old picture. :) Thank you!

Brigid...you crack me up!! My life used to be a carnival ride, but it has finally slowed down as well. Like you, I did not like the carnival ride either, but I sure did learn a lot from it!
  • edited February 2006
    I second that with Yogamama...
    That's a good question Simon...
    In an other thread (Shivers) I pointed out that children have a natural incliination to comfort each other, their compassion and loving kindnesss evident...I see it everyday.

It saddens me to think that eventually they may loose this because of societies 'rules', expectations, etc.

Sadly, yes, as children get older, they become less accepting of others and actually can be very mean to each other! Right now, I love seeing my daughter with others. Her and her little friends are so nice to each other, and they don't care what anyone else looks like, or if they are different! Everyone is her friend. I wish it would stay that way for her entire lifetime.
    edited April 2006
    You're way behind on this Simon.

When is the next installment!?!?!?!

-bf
    edited April 2006
    There are, as yet, no commentaries on this toon. Up to us, then!
    edited April 2006
    Perseverance can be a real problem. In the Christrian scriptures there is the text abou "setting your hand to the plough" and not turning back. I have often wondered about this: I watched a couple of peasants in Goa struggling with an ox to get it to turn at the edge of a field and realised that, if we don't turn back, we will only have a single, long furrow and not a ploughed field!

This could be one of the tasks of the teacher/soul-friend: to remind a practitioner that gritted teeth and tensed muscles do not make for progress.

At the same time, we have to find a point of balance between sticking to our last and letting go of what has become unprofitable.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    It reminds me of the adage...

'If at first you don't succeed....

Well.......

So much for sky-diving...."

Effort is admirable, but little wonder it is included in the 8FP as a 'Right' thing to practise....

As Simon has said so well, Right Affort does not mean simply doing it, but practising it correctly, finding the balance, the ever-popular and tried-and-tested Middle Way....
    And each one must do it for themselves...
    Yoda says, 'Do' or 'Do Not' - there is no 'Try'.... But Starting is half the task.
    edited April 2006
    I could see the struggle with perserverance.

The mouse confused me though.

-bf
    edited April 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    I could see the struggle with perserverance.

The mouse confused me though.

-bf

The mouse is the most interesting part of the toon, I think.

It always seems to be saying Mu, unask the question.