Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hello to Everyone!

edited February 2006 in General Banter
Hello to everyone here! It is good to see everyone and it's also good to see new members here as well. I left for awhile because of some problems I was having but I really like this forum as well as most of the people here, so I decided to come back. I always learn something new from someone here and I really missed that as well. There were a couple of people that I have maintained contact with and they kept me pretty much up to date as well. They also let me know that all the hurly-burly that had been going on which was one reason why I decided to leave for awhile had died down. I have been following the forum as invisible for some time also. Anyway I wish the best to everyone and I want to say hello to all the new members. I also want to say a hearty hello and it's good to see the all the regulars, too! Later on!

Adiana:thumbsup: :wavey: :usflag:

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Welcome back! Us "charter members" need to stick together! ;)
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Adiana,

Hello to you too. It's good to be seen.

:D

Jason
  • edited February 2006
    Great to have you back Adiana!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Good to see you :)

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    prodigally speaking, welcome back - !! :lol:
  • edited February 2006
    Thanks to you all for the warm welcome back! How has everyone been? I have been reading some of the posts in order to catch up and I see a lot of things have been happening. I have to have a hysterectomy in a few days so I may not be in much shape to post or anything for awhile, so don't think I disappeared again! LOL! I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and that is why I have to have surgery. Hopefully this surgery will take care of it. I will keep everyone up to date and let everyone know that I am okay afterwards, okay? Anyway, a hearty hello and it's so good to see you all!

Adiana:usflag: :usflag: :wavey: :wavey:
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Adiana,

Something very similar happened to my mom a few years ago. I sincerely hope that everything goes well. I'll be sending out my best wishes to you. Have a speedy recovery!

:)

Jason
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Welcome back, Adiana!! I missed you!

I'm very sorry to hear about the cervical cancer. I'll be sending you my love and wishes for full recovery and health. You sound nice and calm, which you should be. You're going to be fine and you'll be back here before you know it.

I'm so glad you came back. Please let us know as soon as possible that you're out of the hospital and in the meantime I'll be sending you my love.

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Thanks Elohim and Brigid! I appreciate it. I am calm because it is supposedly a mild case according to my doctor and also because I have always stayed on top of what I need to do regarding my health. I will be fine. Of course, a hysterectomy is major surgery but they are fairly routine these days. I go in Thursday, March 2, 2006. I have to be at the hospital by 7 a.m. My other two children and my brother are up here to watch Jennifer, my nine-year-old. She is not happy about it but she does understand that it is something I have to do to be healthy again. She will be no doubt preoccupied by her older brother and sister and her uncle. That's a good thing so she does not worry needlessly. Anyway, I will be fine. Later on...

Adiana:usflag:
  • edited February 2006
    It's good to have you back again Adiana.
    I'm sorry to hear that you have to go in for surgery so I'll be thinking of you on Thursday.
    All the best,
    Adrian
    :)
  • edited February 2006
    Welcome back Adiana - sorry to hear about the cervical cancer - hysterectomy is the better answer IMHO - when I was diagnosed STOP READING GUYS ... the standard treatment was to burn the infected part out under local anaesthetic. I'd much rather have had a more severe treatment under general.

Good luck - will be thinking of you.
  • edited February 2006
    Knitwitch,

I can relate. Because I am 48 and also because I have already had a tubal ligation, it was a no-brainer to me and my doctor to decide to have a hysterectomy. I am trying to think of all the money I will save on not having to buy "time of the month" products anymore! WOOHOO!

Adrian,

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Adiana:usflag: :type: :mullet:
  • edited February 2006
    Atta gal! And you get six weeks rest - no lifting etc. Colour of candles and scent of incense required please?
  • edited February 2006
    Knitwitch,

I am also a Correllian Tradition Wiccan as well as a Nichiren Buddhist. Thanks for wanting to send me healing and peace. Also, my fellow coven members are doing the same thing. I really appreciate it from you and them as well. It's nice to have friends and family that care. I will also be using blue candles, sandalwood essential oil, and sandalwood incense for my own healing spell that I shall be doing later on today. I really like using this combination for healing spells. I have used others but this combo is my favorite.

Adiana:wavey:
  • edited February 2006
    I know - which is why. So put me down for one of my two remaining real beeswax candles and some sandlewood incense (phew I do have some left!)

Always better if the receiver gets the smell they need, I say. If you are doing your spell later - I'll do mine about now - make it a relay race ok?