Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Somebody is spamming the coffee thread..

JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
edited November 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
Some member with no username labeled 'guest' rather than forum member is putting ads in the coffee thread. Sex dating and now wine.

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Yeah, it's called spam. I appreciate the vigilance, but you probably didn't need to flag it and THEN start a discussion about it too.
  • :D But Lincoln, we're all so chatty happy here

Say a word and I'll start blabbing. Anything!

Just ask my partner :nyah:
  • Um but more seriously, I usually just use the report function and let the Mods/Admin pounce :D
  • Sorry!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    New blog, new system, we're working out the kinks. I appreciate the vigilance! We're definitely on top of it :)
  • For some reason I thought they could 'get into' the computer system and have the spam, but have it hidden from you guys (the Admins). Chalk it up to computer ignorance/paranoia.. but I thought that because they had a blank username.
  • SattvaPaulSattvaPaul South Wales, UK Veteran
    I think it's to do with them being Guests and/or having spaces in their usernames.
    Posters from the front page are guests.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    "All Guests give pleasure;
    Some when they arrive - and others when they leave".

(Hungarian proverb).
  • SattvaPaulSattvaPaul South Wales, UK Veteran
    :clap:
  • LOL federica! I shall remember that one! :rolleyes:
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited November 2011
    daaa da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Maybe it is Hazzne??
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Maybe its time to just delete the thread?
    We're not deleting the thread. Don't get worked up over it, it's just spam. We're going to be installing new features and there will be kinks; this is one of them. Patience :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Ooooohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm...... :om: