Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meat Glue, the meat industry's dirty secret

JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
edited November 2011 in General Banter
:zombie:

Vegetarian's can start saying 'i told ya so'

Comments

• Don't rest too easy vegetarians and all:

http://wakeup-world.com/2011/10/06/7-foods-experts-wont-eat/
  • And people wonder why I pay extra for organic food.
  • Jeffrey, I can't bring myself to watch that film.

I've mentioned this before, but my doctor won't let me eat chicken unless it's organic, because she and her MD husband say that all chicken in the US is laced with arsenic. And she says tuna is full of mercury.

Are these types of practices used in Europe, or is the food cleaner there? I think I remember reading they have stricter standards, and GMO foods aren't allowed.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited November 2011
    The meat glue movie is from England. So yes it is in Europe. Also in the second link: potato, tomato in can, apple, and milk are all products that experts will not eat. The third link talks about genetically modified food. There is a petition to require them to put gmo on the label but of course there is corporate lobbying to put a stop to that.
  • I saw the 2nd link. I think they left a lot out, but maybe in Europe the situation isn't as bad as here in the US.

They should be able to put GMO on the label, or non-GMO. Just like they should be able to put "dolphin-safe" on tuna cans. Welcome to the WTO.
  • The video in the OP is from Australia.
  • The video in the OP is from Australia.
    Good to know. I wonder if those practices are universal.

• Well let's do the math. You have meat you can't otherwise sell. You have an unsuspecting and highly gullible general public. You want to maximize your profit. You are an American.

Think it might happen here?

Hmmmmm..... could be :)
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    I eat paste. :buck:
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    tomatoes in a can... lol... that means literally all pizza everywhere... bummer.
  • Hey Jeffrey

Thanks for posting this

@Mountains - That report is from Australia. Hopefully other countries are wise enough to regulate such matters mandatorily.

Namaste