Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

my second (vegan) thanksgiving

AMHAMH
edited November 2011 in Diet & Habits
Hi all, my good friends went vegan to address a lot of diabetes and heart conditions in their family. I used to be vegie but never vegan however I have tasty recipes that I kept. So I am making 2 lentil loaves that I recall are very tasty and my gravy that is always vegan. I am not sure what else we are having but that is what I am cooking, when I start the grave I grate onions so I will be cryong, boo hoo.

Don't know if anyone is interested in recipes but these are good ones I have made for many years, no one guesses the gravy is vegan

Comments

• you are very creative, and after all being a vegan make you explore many things you should have not if you were still a meat-eater!it is absolutely possible to do everything the vagan way!
  • How does going vegan address diabetes? Diabetes is usually addressed by going high-protein, i.e. fish, fowl, tofu, dairy, and relatively low-carb.
  • I don't know about the whole reasoning and diet, I am type O blood with frequent low blood sugar so it doesn't work for me. I think they found a specific diet with a DR. And acutlly my mom had high cholesterol for many years due to genetics, and eventually developed diabetes, she seems to think they are related.

Oh dang it, i forgot to ask if they wanted beet salad, i make aweseome roasted beets soaked in raspberry vinaigrette
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited November 2011
    I'm also "O", with blood sugar issues. Docs told me I need a solid protein diet. And I find that if I eat the vegetarian food I used to eat, which I guess was mostly vegan before there was a name for it, it throws off my blood sugar and I get headaches.

That salad sounds great! yum!
  • I used to be sooo grumpy all the time before I figured out the eating thing. I was vegie for 16 years after all! I watch the carb thing but it isn't hard because I just feel so much better with proteins and vegies. I avoid sweets and sugar most all the time, well tonight I am having an ice cream sunday.