Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

NewSpeak and Political Correctness

2»

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Hey, Padawan.

I soooo hear you on that one. Holocaust denial makes me crazy. I get enraged and have a very hard time calming down. That would be one of the most difficult issues for me in which to practice calm Buddhism and clear thought. It's just too much. And I have only relatives of friends as survivors, not family, like you. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. I don't even have anything constructive to help you with. It leaves me at a complete loss of words.

My love and compassion go out to you and your wife along with Yogamama's. If you ever need to vent in a safe place, come here. We'll rally around you any time, day or night. I would be honoured to share that burden with you.

With much metta,
    Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    There something quite honest in the way this debate has turned around.

I take refuse in your closer examination of the subject.

I feel little attachment to a need to be liked or disliked.However there will always be a welcome in the hillside for you all.

HH
  • edited March 2006
    I feel little attachment to a need to be liked or disliked.

HH

Really? I am shocked. OK, I am REALLY joking around with you. You are liked around here, Herman. Even though we all have little disagreements on here, we all still very much enjoy each other.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006

I feel little attachment to a need to be liked or disliked.However there will always be a welcome in the hillside for you all.

HH

Refuse - or refuge, my friend?

I'll like you - I don't wanna dislike you.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006

HH

Are you getting mushy, Herman? You are, aren't you? You're getting mushy!

Well, whether you like it or not, we love you, too. :grin:

Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    Well spotted BF. As you are already aware sometimes my spelling is not what it should be. Never the less I hope it doesn't detract from my point.

Refusenik,
    HH
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    My spellin' ain't good at times neither.

I just wanted to make sure you were either pleased that I use these forums for reviewing the views I hold.

Or that you were just taking a dump on me. :)

Nothing distracted - I was banking on "refuge".

To be honest though, some of us aren't that far along. Terseness still gets my dander up at times - but you're doing a great job of teaching me.

-bf