Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Favorite Zombie Video Game

zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifelessin a dry wasteland Veteran
edited December 2011 in General Banter
It appears that it's not just me whose a big zombie fan on this site :)

So... discuss? What's your favorite zombie game?

I would have to vote Resident Evil 4 for the Wii. I'm currently playing Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox and I'm highly disappointed. Many will probably disagree with me here, but I feel like the integration of the nunchuck and Wii remote as the gun seems so seamless and really gets you into the game. In a real zombie apocalypse, I would be using a gun (probably) and not an xbox controller, so I don't want to hear, "You don't like it just because it's more difficult!". The controller and handling just feels clunky to me, although I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly.

Other than that, I would say the Left 4 Dead games are my second favorite.

Comments

• B5CB5C Veteran
    Dead Rising series:

• never liked zombie games, sorry. Did´nt want to be the antagonist here.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    @B5C yes, i love dead rising! it would probably be number 3 on my list just because i prefer the scare factor in zombie games. but in fun/silliness, totally awesome.

@Fenix so why comment?
  • swaydamswaydam Veteran
    edited December 2011
    I don't like zombie games, but I used to listen to Mindless Self Indulgence (I noticed your profile pic) on loop while playing with various conspiracy theories on the internet.
    One of my favorites is that there are advanced aliens who are secretly manipulating humanity. Its plausible that something like that could really happen. Science says the odds that there are other beings in the vast cosmos is extremely high... with the way science is evolving faster than morality with us, whos to say something like that didn't happen elsewhere to a more advanced degree, already.
  • B5CB5C Veteran
    Hey don't forget this zombie game!

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited December 2011
    It wasn't an apocolypse but my favorite game with zombies prominently is Eternal Darkness. In fact it has to be in my top 5 favorite games. Zombies were a fairly small part, but they were memorable opponents. It was based on the Cthulu theme.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/363/363071p1.html

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited December 2011
    B5C that game looks really fun haha! What a slaughter
  • I have played quite a few, but there was one that stood out. The thing is, I only played it once on a friends xbox when I was on ketamine. It was the most frantic and crazy zombie game ever, they just kep coming and the noises are chaotic to match. There is one level where there is a boss in a kind of concert type place, but there are no people onbviously, just loads of zombies and then this boss thing. I cannot remember the name though :(
  • @zombiegirl

Just trying to be funny I guess, sorry. zombie games are cool
  • Plants vs. Zombies!

I'm not really a gamer, but I love zombies AND gardening so Mr. Raven bought it for me as a surprise. It's hilarious, not difficult, and a great way to unwind.
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    COD Black ops and world at war:
    Der Riese, verrukt, nacht der untoten and Kino der Toten!!!!
    Zombielicious fun!!!! :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :sawed:
  • Can nobody put me out of my misery? What is the game title... One level is at a concert/arena type place where at the end of the zombie masses that come at you, there is a crazy ass boss figure. The whole game is madness, and you go around in a group of 4 I think. It is on xbox.. I played it about 2 years ago.
  • Left 4 Dead 2, Tom. I think this to be right.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited December 2011
    @ThailandTom

dark carnival look familiar?

also, to be fair, the entire game is like that. zombie masses, total chaos, it's quite fun :)
  • Yes, chaos is the word. It was so fun to play, also kind of shocking as it suprises you. But I was on ketamine at the time, so my perception of time was slowed down, I could play it better as I could react faster. But thanks, that has been bugging me for a few days now :)