Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Q&A at meditation retreat.

jlljll Veteran
edited December 2011 in Buddhism Basics

Comments

• BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    For me, Ajahn Brahm is always a pleasure to read and listen to. His Dharma talks are always well-grounded and down-to-earth. I often think the Buddha must have been that way with his teachings.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited December 2011
    Well for me PERSONALLY Brahm is a very good speaker. He obviously knows the Dharma very well, he was a disciple of Ajahn Chah, but he has even come to change his views on some of Ajahn Chah's teachings. But, the thing I feel with brahms words is, that he rarely delves into more detailed, in-depth aspects of buddhism. Sorry for my language, but sometimes it feels like it is buddhism for those who are at the very start of the path. There is nothing wrong with that, it will appeal to many people and help many people, but for me and I am sure others, it would be beneficial if he would construct a few talks which are more complex ...
  • Ajahn Brahm is so funny!
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited December 2011
    "Construct a few talks which are more complex"..??? On another thread...was'nt I reminding you of Buddha's advice on alcohol consumption? on social anxiety? Slowing down helps with practice.