Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

We would rather you not....

2»

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I like that people are not often banned here. But every once in a while someone does push arguments too far...more for the sake of arguing or, at least, winning, than really having a discussion. But then, I do have my own banned list...people I simply no longer respond to. And I know I have to sometimes remind myself to "chill".
  • Interesting that it's impossible to take an argument "too far" if your not against the argument.
  • Iktomi, yeah except theres always somebody against you. Trust me.
  • You say that like it was a rule of nature or something. There are no absolutes my friend!
  • The sky is the limit right? No absolutes!
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited January 2012
    if you have a 'this' then you always have a 'that'....

THIS hitting up against THAT....

rock logic...

Buddha taught water logic.. This... welcome....that....welcome..... in awareness

• Interesting. What happens to water when it goes "too far"?
  • This has been the nicest forum I have ever been part of... I wish some teachings could be broken down to a kindergarden level...but that's okay I have wikipedia.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited January 2012
    Iktomi, I don't know it's not meant to be literal...
  • I know exactly what you meant, Jeffrey. In point of fact there is nothing wrong with having this or that. It's what you do with it that counts. Is it kept or is it pushed away.

This brings to mind something I heard in a movie that I watched the other day. In the Lord of the Rings story there's a part where Legolas, who is some kind of elf or something, says "The way is closed. It is made by the dead and the dead keep it that way."
  • And Aragorn knew that he could bring them to peace.... errr aside from wanting an army to kick booty :nyah: :buck:
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    This brings to mind something I heard in a movie that I watched the other day. In the Lord of the Rings story there's a part where Legolas, who is some kind of elf or something, says "The way is closed. It is made by the dead and the dead keep it that way."
    Its ok, you can admit you know what an elf is. Nerds are allowed here and nerdism in general is on the rise in pop culture.

BTW the actual quote is: The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. The way is shut.
  • This brings to mind something I heard in a movie that I watched the other day. In the Lord of the Rings story there's a part where Legolas, who is some kind of elf or something, says "The way is closed. It is made by the dead and the dead keep it that way."
    Its ok, you can admit you know what an elf is. Nerds are allowed here and nerdism in general is on the rise in pop culture.

BTW the actual quote is: The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. The way is shut.
    Yeah and it was the dead man of dunharrow, not legolas.

Damn my ocd...i really tried to let it go...but I have to fix every crooked frame.

Madness
  • Women love geeks
  • You say that like it was a rule of nature or something. There are no absolutes my friend!
    Isn't saying "there are no absolutes, an absolute in it self"

I'm just stirring the cauldron.. :scratch:
    Isn't saying "there are no absolutes, an absolute in it self"

I'm just stirring the cauldron.. :scratch:
    I didn't mean it absolutely.
  • Women love geeks
    Uh, in that case, yes, of course Leglolas is an elf. And I do know what an elf is.
  • :-) I don't believe you... Lol
  • Would you believe that I'm fluent in Klingon and have a signed poster of William Shatner hanging over my mantlepiece...
  • That's awesome... Although as far as trek I have only seen ds9 and the next generation with picard?

I am more of a stargate geek. I have them all except for the last season of destiny, horrid.

Anyway... I wish they had more science shows on tv I would actually watch.

But I hardly watch tv except for a movie.
  • edited January 2012
    while meditating in your wandering mind, would you when sensing your wandering mind set a rule over them personally. this is moderator duties, one joys is to relish on the posting, sharing and let them decide it, and be mindful to rest on non attachment of right and wrong while sharing n here :D