Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

HH Karmapa and HE Tai Situ on Jesus & Buddha

DakiniDakini Veteran
edited January 2012 in Faith & Religion
Notice at the end, the Karmapa begins to talk about Jesus' Lost Years, but the film cuts him off. Can anyone find a more complete version of this, or the part II?

During his Lost Years, from age 13 (the traditional age for marriage among the Jews of that time) and 39, some say he went East to India, to study healing techniques and to study Buddhism. It would be nice to know what the Karmapa has heard about this.

Comments

• shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    I suggest the book "The Lost Years of Jesus" If you are really into it.

It's probably the information he was informed about.

The claim is there are Tibetan texts about a Saint _Issa_. Also I have heard about Jesus being an incarnate Lama which the three wise men were looking for the incarnation in a reiki book.

but who knows.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    its a decent read.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    This is part of a larger documentary that I remember watching online ( I believe you tube ), so its available somewhere.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Yeah, its part of a series of 11 videos, not sure where your part is but here's the first in the series.

• its a decent read.
    Agree, it is a good read.
  • Shanyin, I haven't read the book you mention, but I've read others.

Somewhere recently I read that Avalokiteshvara was based on Jesus. I guess that's maybe one explanation as to why the deity of compassion is male, rather than female, as in Chinese tradition...?

Thank you, thank you, @person. I'll watch this and see if I can find the rest of the segment I posted. It's good news that it's out there somewhere, in cyberspace. At least there's hope of finding it. :)
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited January 2012
    for anyone who's interested in the "Jesus in the East" question, there's this website:
    http://www.tombofjesus.com There's an interview with an Indian filmmaker, who has interviewed archaeologists and others, for a film on the tomb in Kashmir. He says it's time for the Indian government to do DNA testing on the body in the tomb. But the region is too political right now, Muslim militants have taken control of the tomb, and India doesn't want a confrontation.
  • The holy quran supports that jesus or yuz asaf...was delivered from the crucifixion, and that he preached, lived, and died there, in kashmir.
    "and We made the son of Mary and his mother a sign; and We gave them refuge on a lofty ground having meadows and springs." 23:50

Commentator explains that the quran describes the valley of kashmir.

According to the sayings of the holy prophet, he lived 120 years.
  • buddhism masters sharing the truth of the existence of emptiness as opposed to the misunderstood concept of existence of an external almighty. while introducing the real mark as the original intent of all religious founders, each of every religion has to bear the responsibility of imparting this truth to its students. Otherwise, teaching incorrectly bear bad karma because it generate discomfort individually and socially, as it does not innately bridged and also not developing true light of supremeness. It does a disservice to their parents and ancestors.