Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dune Books after Frank.. any good?

JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
edited January 2012 in General Banter
I love the Dune series of 7 books. I wondered if anyone has read the books after his death. Werne't they done by his son? Are they worth reading?

Comments

• I have enjoyed the prequels and the sequels. I've just finished "Sandworms of Dune" which wraps up a whole lot of loose ends.
  • I was always curious about the teaser in the 7th book where the 'couple' are chatting and observe Duncan Idaho gola and comment on his being 'thin'.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    I have a friend who's read them and he said he likes them but he didn't think they were quite as good as Franks.
  • Dudes I'm on the second one. I didn't even know there were more.

My husband is so sick of me watching the movies...

Chuckle..
  • I've read all of them and in my opinion they're all quite good. They're written by his son and Kevin Anderson.
  • They are ok, not the deep mysticism (IMHO) of the Frank books. I thought they were more violent
  • I've read a couple. They're alright. The style is a little different but it's not all that noticable and the stories themselves are typically very good.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    I'm also one of those who think they're OK, but nowhere near as good as the originals.
  • Me too ... and I also recall the violence as being more featured.