Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What would happen if topics weren't closed?

edited January 2012 in NewBuddhist.com
Is closing topics of discussion the only thing that prevents the Dharma Ending Age from coming to full fruition?

The end is inevitable so do not fear. LET GO! you will see that there is nothing to fear.

Comments

• My post count would probably be doubled :)
  • Check out BuddhismIS.com. I think you will see an example of what happens when there is no moderation. People monopolize threads until it is unbearable. Then every one leaves. My take. Could be wrong.
  • edited January 2012
  • It will remain open
    and people will continue to comment?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    topics left open do several things:
    go horrendously off-topic.
    end up with just two members bickering back and forth,
    lead to idle chatter, reckless speech
    and go round and round in circles with people just trying to get the better of each other, often through trolling or flaming.

Topic are closed for good reason.
    you may not be privy to that reason, unless you're the reason, or have anything to do with it.

I have closed topics recently (as you have obviously noted, @Iktomi,) with good reason. And have received PMs from others thanking me for it.

Any further questions, feel free to PM a Mod, or the Mod in question.
This discussion has been closed.