Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

master miao tsan

edited February 2012 in Arts & Writings
Has anyone read the book Just use this mind? I've just been lent a book to read. Is this a Zen based book!

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    A Google search will probably answer your questions.
  • You can look the title up on Amazon, and see if there are any reviews.
  • how do you edit comments/discussions on here. ( I was being a but clumsy earlier and hit send by accident and then my windows had to update then and there too! :banghead: )

Sorry I tried to edit this before and it doesnt really work - I wanted to add is whats the best book on Zen Buddhism? I have been lent this but I really dont want to end up reading a mass of texts and find that one gem of a book.

I previously ended up doing this and found the gem of Tara Brach.
  • OK, that's clearer. :) Still, you can look up the title on Amazon, and see what other readers think, if there are any reviews posted. If it's a Zen book, you could also ask on Zenforuminternational.
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    I really dont want to end up reading a mass of texts and find that one gem of a book.
    @vintagelot -- Gems are what the reader asserts, not what the text does. So, for example, "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind" is a nice book. So is "The Three Pillars of Zen." The book I like best overall is "Swampland Flowers: The Letters and Lectures of Zen Master Ta Hui."

One man's meat is another man's poison. Sorry about that.